We couldn’t believe some of the famous Buddhist we found when we made our list (below). There are actors, singers, directors, politicians and sports people.
Our jaws dropped when we heard about some of these famous celebrity Buddhist.
I mean, did you know that Courtney Love is a famous Buddhist celebrity? And after the controversy of her history. Amazing.
Buddhism is a truly beautiful belief system (some call it a religion. Some experts say it is more a lifestyle than a religion).
Take a look at this amazing list of 50 famous Buddhist celebrities. Totally mind-blowing.
And definitely join the thousands of people who are learning about Buddhism in my (free) Buddhist meditation plan.
Meditate With Me
Join me for a private meditation session. Master meditation. Master your mind.
50 Surprising Celebrity Buddhists
- Jennifer Aniston, American actress, director
- Sharon Stone, American actress, producer, and former fashion model
- George Takei, American actor, “Sulu” on Star Trek
- Sarah Jessica Parker, actress, producer
- Brad Pitt, actor
- Sting, English singer-songwriter, lead vocalist of The Police
- Uma Thurman, American actress
- Mark Zuckerberg, Facebook CEO,
- Fabien Barthez, soccer (football) star for France
- Orlando Bloom, English actor
- Kate Bosworth, American actress
- Leonard Cohen, Canadian singer/songwriter/poet
- Penelope Cruz, Spanish actress and model
- Patrick Duffy, actor
- George Dvorsky, Transhumanist, futurist
- Boy George, British singer-songwriter
- Richard Gere, American actor
- Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje, Nigerian-English actor
- Roberto Baggio, soccer (football) star for Italy
- Mario Balotelli, soccer (football) star for Italy
- Jet Li, Actor
- David Bowie, musician, writer, actor
- Jeff Bridges, American actor
- John Cleese, actor, writer
- Goldie Hawn, actress
- Kate Hudson, actress
- Jackie Chan, actor
- Miranda Kerr, Australian supermodel, one of Victoria’s Secret Angels
- D. Lang, Canadian singer
- Jack Kerouac, author, poet, painter
- Tina Turner, American singer-songwriter
- Dennis Weaver, actor
- Marcia Wallace, American actress
- Naomi Watts, British-Australian actress
- Tisca Chopra, Indian actress
- Philip Glass, composer
- Mehmet Scholl, soccer (football) star for Germany
- Steven Seagal, American actor and aikido expert
- Angelina Jolie,
- Steve Jobs, CEO of Apple Inc.x
- George Lucas, American filmmaker, director of Star Wars (explains the Jedi meditations)
- Alanis Morissette, Canadian singer-songwriter
- Keanu Reeves, American actor
- Alex Rodriguez, American baseball player
- Russell Simmons, Entertainment and Fashion Mogul
- Tiger Woods
- Michelle Yeoh, Malaysian actress
- Bill Clinton, U.S. President (1993-2001)
- Allen Ginsberg, poet
- Oliver Stone, film director
Can you believe this list of celebrity Buddhists? Some of these famous Buddhists really stunned us.
Just goes to show, Buddhism is quickly becoming the choice of the 21st Century. And no wonder. Do you want to join these famous Buddhists? Want to learn to change your life with Buddhism and meditation?
Start by reading my bookYour Best Meditation [ebook] in right now and change your life.
Know any other famous Buddhist celebrities? Leave a comment and remember to subscribe to our newsletter
Paul Harrison BSc is a qualified meditation teacher who believes in genuine, authentic meditation. He has more than 15 years experience in teaching meditation and mindfulness both to individuals and to corporations and is the author of four books on meditation. He has been featured in Psychology Today, Breathe Magazine, Healthline, Psych Central and Lion’s Roar.
Paul studied meditation in beautiful Oxford, UK, and Hamilton Ontario Canada, and earned his degree at Staffordshire University.
Paul’s biggest inspirations include Thich Nhat Hanh, Jon Kabat Zinn, and Jack Kornfield.
“My goal is to provide the most authentic meditation sessions so you can harness the power of your own mind for personal transformation” – Paul Harrison