Want to enjoy pure health?
If so you will probably be interested in energizing and detoxifying.
One of the best ways of energizing and detoxifying the body is by using the apan mudra.
In my Ultimate guide to the mudras I reveal 60 of the most important mudras in the world.
The Apan mudra is one of the absolute best mudras. For thousands of years, this mudras have been used to clear out toxins in the body and to promote inner peace and harmony.
Like the maha mudra, it produces positive energy and at the same, time, it produces inner peace and relaxation.
And it detoxifies the entire body.
A great majority of diseases these days are caused by toxins that enter our bodies because of our lifestyles. Cancer is perhaps the worst of all, and is caused almost entirely by toxins. A study by Columbia University revealed that 95% of cancer is caused by toxins. Given that the average person has between 400 and 800 chemicals in their body, clearing them out is immensely important.
The spiritual meaning of the Apan mudra
Mudras can be used to influence the elements in the body. As explained by yogic lifestyle expert and holistic health specialist Rima J Pundir,
(Following quoted from THIS ARTICLE)
Mudras are considered so very important because it is said that our hands are full of our karmic energy, while our fingers are like plugs that help exchange energy between our pranic force (life energy) and the universal cosmic energy. Mudras, thus, can influence the pranic energy – further branching out into emotional, mental, physical and spiritual energies.
The Apan mudra is the Energy Mudra. It promotes the wood element and creates energy in the gallbladder and liver. Because of this, the Apan mudra provides us with all the health benefits that are associated with the wood elements.
Let’s take a closer look at the health benefits of the Apan mudra.
The Benefits The Apan Mudra Provides Us With
The Apan mudra is one of the best mudras for health. Here’s why.
- One of the most important benefits of the Apan mudra technique is that it helps to remove toxins from the body.
- Using the Apan hand position for fifteen minutes a day helps to remove these toxins and thereby strengthens each of our organs.
- It can help to regulate urine
- Aids perspiration
- Relieves constipation.
- Is of benefit to dental health
- Can prevent vomiting because it regulates digestion and helps the digestive system to relax.
- Helps the body to cleanse toxins
- Strengthen digestion
- Improve eyesight
- Improves hearing.
- Helps treat menstrual problems.
- Helps with eyes, mouth, ears and nose problems.
Apan Mudra Technique / Position
Bring the tips of your ring finger, thumb, and middle finger together while holding your other two fingers straight up. Hold this position for forty minutes while meditating. Try the mudra for five minutes now before continuing to read on below.
* If you would like to learn mudras I highly recommend that you read these mudra books.