How To Do Chi Meditation To Control Chi Energy [10 Steps]
If you want to know how to control chi energy, the best way is with chi meditation technique.
There are many Taoist meditation techniques that can be used to control the flow of chi.
In this guide I will share with you all the best chi meditation techniques to get that chi energy flowing through you.
But first let’s take a look at what chi energy is.
What Is Chi Energy And How Does Chi Meditation Work?
Chi, or Ki, is the energy of the universe. And it is the same energy that flows through you. When you have pure chi flow in your body and mind, you will be highly energised and rarely tired [read: How to get energy and stop being tired].
Chi surrounds are beings and “binds the universe together.” Bonus points if you notice how similar this is to the scenes of Yoda meditating in Star Wars.
Many movies have referred to chi meditations. And as a result, chi is now one of the Eastern philosophies that is popular in the West.
Chi energy is a forced that masters use for healing, for martial arts and for other uses.
Harnessing chi energy will provide many benefits in everyday life, from providing energy to keeping the body strong and healthy.
Because chi is so important, many techniques have been created that will help you control chi flow in your body.
Those are some of the best ways how to control chi energy.
However, in my experience the best way how to control chi is by using chi meditation techniques.
How To Do Chi Meditation To Control Chi Energy
There is a very basic chi meditation techniques that beginners can use to control chi energy.
This chi meditation technique will strengthen the mind -body connection and it will help you to control chi in your body and mind. It is also one of my favorite meditations for relaxation.
This chi meditation derives from Qi Gong and is a popular technique in China. Though there are many types of Chi meditation, most of them are similar to this one.
This is one of the best chi meditation exercises for beginners. Use It To Control Chi Energy In Your Body And Mind
Read the instructions thoroughly so you know how to do chi meditation before you actually start. Once you’re confident you know how to do chi meditation properly, have a try.
- Begin breathing in a natural way while focusing your mind on your breath moving in and out of your lower abdomen. With your eyes open, focus on a point at eye level in front of you. This point should be approximately six feet away. Try not to move your eyes. Continue to focus on this point for 5 minutes.
- Move your eyes to a position approximately 3 feet away and 45 degree down in front of you. Focus here for 5 minutes.
- Continuing to breathe in the same fashion, move your gaze to a point between your feet. Try not to move your head too much, only move your eyes. Focus here for 5 minutes.
- Continuing the same pattern, focus on the tip of your nose for five minutes. Both your eyes should be fixed on the same point.
- Close your eyes while still pointing them towards the tip of your nose. Feel your breathing entering through your nasal passage and moving through to your abdomen. The air will feel quite cold as you breathe in and quite warm when you breathe out. Continue for five minutes.
- Focus on the sound of your breathing for five minutes.
- Now focus on your lower abdomen for five minutes.
- Still sitting with your eyes closed, breathe in this fashion: breathe in for 3 counts, hold for 3 counts, then breathe out for 6 counts.
- Imagine all impurities leaving your body as you breathe out. Rub your palms together counter clockwise so that the palms get warm, then hold them over your eyes, warming your eyes.
- Place your hands down on your lower abdomen. Now open your eyes and sit still for a few moments.
And you’re done!
Now you know how to do chi meditation and you can use this technique to start to control chi energy inside of you.
Regular practice of this Chi meditation technique will let you control chi energy inside you. This will strengthen your mind and body.
Now let me share a story about Chi energy
There is a famous story in which a man is living in the Asian’s mountains. He is suffering from tuberculosis and only has a few days left to live. The man ascends the mountain to its very peak, where he sits upon a rock and begins to meditate. During meditation he comes to accepts his fate and his mind and body become serenely calm.
The stories tells that the old man still sits there to this day, waiting for death, which is no longer inevitable since his meditation has healed him. By harnessing the power of Chi the old man completely healed his body.
And that’s the power of Chi energy!
You might also like to try Merkaba Meditation, for an altogether different type of energy.
Paul Harrison is a meditation teacher, author and journalist based in Hamilton, Ontario, Canada. Paul has helped thousands of people to discover their true potential. Don’t miss Paul’s inspirational and enlightening book: Your Best Meditation