How To Connect To Your Spiritual Self By Meditating
As a meditation teacher, many people ask me how to connect with the spiritual self.
The answer is to use specific spiritual meditation techniques.
Even though I teach over 31 types of meditation, I believe the best methods are the spiritual meditation techniques. Because we can use spiritual meditation to connect with our spiritual selves.
When you know how to meditate spiritually, you find a way to connect to your higher self—that enlightened, more conscious, purer part of your own being.
In other words: you achieve enlightenment.
You step into a higher state of being and you connect to your true self on a level most people never experience.
That’s what spiritual meditation techniques are all about: they are about connecting with the higher self.
Let me show you how to do it.
- How to connect with your spiritual self be meditating spiritually
- My number one spiritual meditation technique to connect with your spiritual self
- When you meditate spiritually you will connect with your spiritual self
- How To Meditate Spiritually To Connect to Your Spiritual Self
- What It Feels Like To Connect With Your Spiritual Self
- Do you know what it feels like to connect to your spiritual self?
- Why You Seriously Do Need To Connect With Your Spiritual Self
- Why We forget how to connect with the higher self
- Another easy way to meditate spiritually is just to be mindful of the divine
- Here’s another spiritual meditation meditation you can use to connect with your spiritual self
How to connect with your spiritual self be meditating spiritually
For millennia, spiritual gurus have advocated the use of spiritual meditation techniques to connect with the higher self.
- Yogis advocate Kundalini meditation in order to activate the dormant kundalini energy inside your body.
- Hindus advocate Third Eye meditation as a way to perceive with clairvoyant sight.
- Christians use different biblical meditation techniques
- And Buddhists and Daoists advocate letting go of attachments in order to see the world not as we think it might be, but as it truly is. Only then can we free the spirit.
Here’s the deal:
In order to connect to your spiritual self you must let go of the self and accept the natural state of oneness that is the pure reality of existence.
The universe exists in a state of oneness.
We are all one.
You and the world outside your body are comprised of the exact same energy.
Connecting to your higher self, then, is not a matter of creating a new you. It is a matter of simply connect to a higher self that has always been there. And this is where the spiritual meditation techniques come in.
While some meditations like the phenomenal merkaba technique make us ascend to a higher plane and spiritually awaken, we can achieve our highest self by letting go.
Let go of attachments. Release your mind from the thoughts that inhabit it. Perceive the universe not with your eyes, but with the pure energy of the human mind.
To begin to do this, find inner silence.
My number one spiritual meditation technique to connect with your spiritual self
There are so many deep, advanced meditations.
But do you know what is my number one spiritual meditation technique to connect with the spiritual self?
It’s simple: it’s meditating on silence.
Silence is the purest energy on Earth.
Meditating on silence is one of the most ancient practices in spiritual healing.
When your mind focuses on silence it merges with the purity of existence.
That was why, when Guatama Sidhartha (Buddha) sat under the Bodhi tree now so many years ago, he transcended the illusion of three dimensional reality, and ascended to the fifth dimension. He freed his mind of inner demons like Mara and achieved enlightenment.
And so can you.
When you meditate spiritually you will connect with your spiritual self
Your mind is the purest form of energy.
But society pollutes it.
Thoughts pollute it.
Society is so created as to strip you of your highest self. And the only way to reclaim your higher self is to let go of the attachments society forces on you.
You already are your higher self.
Simply meditate on the sound of silence and you will automatically connect to your higher self. This is the best way how to meditate spiritually. And it works.
The best spiritual meditation technique to connect with the higher self is simply to meditate on silence.
How To Meditate Spiritually To Connect to Your Spiritual Self
- Take one of the proper meditation positions
- Close your eyes.
- Choose a spiritual mudra to use
- Meditate on your breath for 25 breaths
- Now reach out and feel the silence all around you
- Meditate on that silence. Notice how it feels empty and pire
- Continue to meditate on silence for 25 breaths
- Now find the connection between your breath and the silence
- Spend 58 breaths meditating on the connection between your breath and silence
- You will feel as though you have melted away into a dew (to quote Shakespeare)
- Continue to meditate in this fashion until you are serene and tranquil
- Observe how you feel. This is your higher self, this deeply relaxed being. Express gratitude for this state.
What It Feels Like To Connect With Your Spiritual SelfWe are not human beings having a spiritual experience. We are spiritual beings having a human experience Click To Tweet
We can all appreciate the truth of this famous quote.
Inside, we are aware that there is more than appears on the surface. As those silver waves that roll up to the shore belie the depth and enormity of the ocean, so too do our conscious selves belie the infinity of our nature.
But there are times when we remember the truth of our nature. There are times when we reconnect to our spiritual selves.
Do you know what it feels like to connect to your spiritual self?
Often I sit and stare up at the stars in wonder (I guess that in itself is a simple spiritual meditation technique, just gazing at the stars ). It’s humbling. Those twinkling orbs that ever light the evening skies. They remove you from yourself. They remind you of the majesty and mystery of the universe. They silence your thoughts. And, I’m sure you’ll agree, they reconnect you to your spiritual self, to that sense of being one with the universe, the sense that you’re a droplet in an ocean, a single note in a grand orchestration called life.
Our higher self, our spiritual being, is always within us. But society sometimes makes us forget our authentic selves.
Deep down we can all feel that need to connect to the higher self. Or at least, we spiritual people can.
Why You Seriously Do Need To Connect With Your Spiritual Self
Science has proven why spirituality is vital in life. But most people are not spiritually awakened.
As the breath is always there but often we’re unaware of it, so too is the spiritual self. It’s constantly there, but we often forget. Busy at work, with ever-present concerns about health, finance and other issues, we’re not given the mental space to live our lives from the purity of our spiritual selves.
If allowed to, thoughts and concerns will squeeze the spiritual energy from our bodies like air from a balloon.
People who have been disconnected from their spiritual selves are more at risk of losing their health, of suffering from depression, anxiety and other issues.
When we disconnect from our spiritual selves we find ourselves too fixed on the day to day matters. It’s at those times when concerns like paying the mortgage and meeting deadlines at work really get a hold of us and stress us out.
It’s also at those times when you need to connect to your spiritual self and remember that ultimately the day to day matters are just driftwood in the river, not the river itself.
It’s our sense of self and our thoughts that make us forget our spiritual selves. Silencing the thoughts is the best way how to connect to your spiritual self.
Why We forget how to connect with the higher self
More than anything, what makes us forget our spiritual selves is our sense of self and our thoughts.
Stress leads us to tune in to our thoughts too much.
When we struggle to pay the bills, for instance, our mind gets flooded with thoughts. “I won’t make rent.” “I’ll have to get a loan”. Such thoughts severe our spiritual connection and lead us to stress and anxiety.
This is an example of the mundane (bills) destroying the divine (our spiritual selves).
- Is it just a coincidence that society is so full of stress that it is next to impossible to awaken? Or is it a conspiracy? Leave a comment.
Stress and thoughts make us disconnect from our spiritual selves.
A thought is like throwing a pebble into a pond.
As Bruce Lee so famously said, “Throw a pebble in the pond, you get ripples.” Ripples corrupt the purity of the pond. Thoughts corrupt the purity of existence. But as a pebble can be made to skim along the surface of the pond, so too can thoughts be made to skim the surface of our awareness. Then, we can be witness to our thoughts without being corrupted by them.
Of course, Bruce Lee achieved spiritual awakening by practicing Taoist meditation techniques. Take a look at that link for a guide to all the best Taoist meditations.
Another easy way to meditate spiritually is just to be mindful of the divine
To connect with the higher we can practice Buddhist meditations.
The most popular, and perhaps best, Buddhist meditation is mindfulness.
Mindfulness is one of the best ways how to connect to your spiritual self.
Mindfulness is the act of living in the moment and consciously monitoring our thoughts and emotions. When we are mindful we casually observe a thought. We don’t dwell on the thought. We don’t judge it as good or bad or wrong or right. We simply observe. We watch the thought go skipping along the surface of consciousness, never plunging down into the depths.
To practice mindfulness , simply become aware of the thoughts racing through your mind. Be aware of the fact that those thoughts are causing ripples. One thought leads to another and so on, as the impact of the pebble on the water sends ripples oscillating across the water. Simply observe this phenomenon. Don’t dwell. Don’t judge. Don’t question. Observe. Be aware of the process of those thoughts rippling through your mind. With awareness the pebbles, the thoughts, will become lighter. Soon those thoughts will stop sinking down into your mind. They will skim the surface lightly.
Here’s another spiritual meditation meditation you can use to connect with your spiritual self
- Be mindful of your own being
- Take 50 breaths meditating on your own body
- Now take 50 breaths doing open meditation
- Now continue to meditate, but meditate on the connecting point between yourself and the universe.
- Feel that oneness that exists between yourself and universe. Meditate on that energy.
This is my favorite spiritual meditation technique.
It will silence your thoughts. And once the thoughts are silenced the experience of living will be pure. Freed from disturbance, the pond becomes pure and tranquil, and so too will the mind. Then we are free to live our lives connected to our spiritual selves.