Practicing couples meditation with your partner can massively strengthen your relationship and to enhance pleasure in the bedroom.
Not only can meditation be used to attract love into your life and solve relationship problems, but couples-meditations can help partners to feel closer, more intimate, more effectionate and more loving.
There are many meditations couples can use and they offer numerous benefits, including:
- Find love [READ: Meditation For Love]
- Help regain sexual confidence
- Boost intimacy
- Develop a psychic connection
- Increase pleasure
- Strengthen the bond between you and your partner
- Make you more attractive
- Make your relationship last longer
- Even helps with fertility
Plus, one of the great benefits of couples-meditations for your partner and you is that they will make you even more appreciative of each other’s beauty.
So, how do you do meditation as a couple?
Best Couples Meditations
Couples-meditation techniques can do wonders for your relationships. Indeed, with meditation partners can enjoy long, healthy, loving, and pleasurable relationships.
Try these couples meditation techniques. Trust me, you’re going to love them.
1. Mindfully Touching Your Partner
Often, when we touch, we don’t focus on the sense of touch.
We’re touching someone, but we’re barely conscious of it.
We have a million thoughts going through our head. We find it impossible to connect truly.
To feel more intimacy and more connection with your partner, you can practice the following couples-meditation techniques for sexual intimacy:
Set the room, so it’s romantic
Sit together in the middle of the room
Take ten mindful breaths to relax
Hold hands and meditate on the sensation.
Be mindful of the sensation of oneness. Notice how it feels. Imagine that the feeling of their skin is everything. Meditate on your partner’s body.
Move around their body, meditating on them.
Move around the body in this order:
- Back down the face to the chest
- Lower legs
- Back up the legs
- Sexual organs
Meditate at each stage. You will now feel closer to them, physically, than ever before.
2. Couples Meditation Technique On Sexual Fantasies
Whenever you ignore your desires or feelings, you’re leading yourself to harm.
Buddha may have said, “Desire is the root of all suffering” but that doesn’t mean you should ignore your desire.
When you ignore a part of yourself you simply push it down deeper. Besides meditating as a couple is a healthy way to embrace your fantasies.
By being mindful of your fantasies and by acting them out, you allow yourself to explore a new aspect of yourself and a new part of your relationship.
Take one night a week to allow yourself to live out your fantasies with your partner. You’ll find this deepens your relationship tremendously.
As a meditation teacher, I’m often advising people to get in touch with their senses.
Be mindful of sight, scent, touch, taste and sound. This connects you to the present moment and gets you out of your head.
Practice sensual mindfulness in the bedroom once a week.
Place some scented candles, play some romantic and relaxing music, and create a divine sensual paradise. Then meditate on your senses and allow your senses to lead you towards intimacy.
4. Use This Egyptian Secret To Channel Sexual Energy Through Your Chakras
Did you know that The Ancient Egyptians believed that you could channel sexual energy through the chakras and thereby achieve eternal youth?
To do the technique, read SpirituOfMaat’s guide.
5. Basic methods
If you don’t want to get naked together right now, practice traditional meditations as a couple.
Here’s a meditation for couples to try:
- Sit together holding hands, perhaps next to lit candles for extra romance.
- Take five minutes to close your eyes and focus on your breathing.
- Open your eyes and focus on your partner.
- Touch them if you like, explore their body, but not in a lustful way, in a mindful and completely accepting way.
- Imagine you are seeing them for the first time and meditate on them.
- Take 108 breaths while you meditate on your husband / wife (boyfriend / girlfriend).
6. While making love:
Meditating while making love will be an experience you never forget.
You don’t need to be in any specific position or anything like that. Simply make love while focusing all of your mind on the sensation of making love.
If you want to, you can take this to a karma sutra level by not climaxing and experiencing what it feels like to be “on the edge.”
Feel the sensations, the tingling in your body, and explore your sensations.
If you don’t want the experience to be physical, you can make it about emotional intimacy instead.
- Sit comfortably together
- Take up a mala that you will both share
- Begin on the same bead of the mala (so you are holding hands and touching the same bead)
- Begin to chant OM together (at the same speed)
- With each recitation move one bead on the mala, one person going one way, the other person the other way—by the second “Om” you will not be on the same bead.
- Listen to your voice for 25 breaths
- Now listen to your husband / wife’s voice for 25 breaths
- Now focus on saying OM together
- Continue until you both arrive back at the same bead of the mala (this should be on the 108th chant)
- Chant Om together one last time and truly feel the oneness between the two of you.
- You will feel a profound connection
8. Naked meditation with your partner:
This is a beautiful couples-meditation for intimacy:
- Sit naked on the floor in the lotus position
- Sit together and take ten deep breaths to relax
- Explore your partner’s body while you are both naked.
- Feel their naked skin and be genuinely intimate with them.
- Feel their body, focusing on it 100%.
- If this leads to making love, then allow it to, but meditate on making love by focusing your consciousness on your connection with your partner.
With these meditations, couples can feel intimacy on an all-new level.
There are also mantras like Kleem mantra to attract people, which can help you to find love.
Curing sexual disfunction
Sexual Therapists Recommend Mindfulness For Sexual Dysfunction
Mindfulness helps with sexual dysfunction and also massively boosts your sexual confidence.
In 2008 the Massachusetts General Hospital researched 31,000 women  and found that:
- 42 per cent of women have sexual problems
- 39 per cent of women have low sexual desire
- 26 per cent of women have low arousal levels
While many physical factors can lead to sexual dysfunction, researchers have found that the primary cause of sexual problems in women is psychological.
Lori Brotto, professor of gynaecology at the University of British Columbia, has found the following to be the leading causes of sexual dysfunction:
- interpersonal relationships
- general wellbeing
- physiological factors
In 2008, Brotto researched the effects of mindfulness on the sexual desire of cancer survivors. Brotto found that by practising breathing meditations and cognitive behavioural therapy, the women significantly improved their sexual functioning. Mindfulness was found to be more effective compared to alternative treatments. So this is another benefits of meditation for couples.
Intimacy In A Loving Way
When you practice couples meditation with your partner, aim to cultivate loving intimacy.
You might secretly wonder: Are you in a spiritual relationship? Or just another same-old relationship? How would you know?
A spiritual relationship is a relationship which facilitates the spiritual growth of both individuals.
Divine love is built on the sacred foundations of honesty, compassion, understanding, and genuine love.
Don’t worry if you’re not there yet; you can always use couples-meditations to cultivate spiritual love.
A spiritual relationship need not be perfect. No relationship is ever perfect. There are ups and downs on our journey, in love as in life. That is simply the way of things. A spiritual relationship understands and accepts these ups and downs as a sacred step on the journey.
A spiritual relationship gets deeper and deeper as both individuals grow together as one.
It is creation.
When living with divine love, we are growing like the tree that is nourished with the purest of waters.
Feelings are essential to a spiritual relationship. The way you feel when in the presence of the other person says a great deal about your connection. There should be joy and happiness, but above all, compassion.
There should be a sense of oneness, both in moments of intimacy and throughout the relationship at large. When you practice the couples meditations above, make sure that compassion is one of your primary motivations.
Have you tried these couples meditations with your partner? How did you find them? Leave a comment, and for more great meditation tips for couples subscribe to our newsletter.