Good news: There are many powerful mantras for health problem and healing. You can use these mantras for healing diseases and other health conditions.
There are healing mantras for diabetes, blood pressure, heart disease and many other common health problems.
My massively popular mantras list for beginners reveals how Japa (meditative recitation of mantras) and sacred sound can help us to restore our health and to help us to become fitter such as, for instance, by helping us lose weight [READ: Mudras for weight loss].
Japa, which is the meditative recitation of sacred sounds and chants, can help to boost your immune system and relax the mind, which is incredibly important for healing.
According to the Harvard Divinity Bulletin, mantras heal the body and mind by connecting the individual to the divine. It is a method that has been famously advocated by the likes of Deepak Chopra on The Copra Center.
Thomas Ashley-Farrand [American Hindu Priest] suggests that mantras help us to uncover our unhealthy thinking patterns and replace them with new, healthy ones. And Tenzin Wangyal Rinpoche [teacher of the Bon Tibetan religious tradition] says, “The words and syllables [of mantras] may carry the divine. . . . [and] be very effective in healing illness and emotions.”
Although scientific research is limited, certainly spiritual gurus and texts state that we can indeed use mantras for healing health problems. Let’s look at how to do it.
It is best to combine these mantras with some self-healing meditations.
Mantras For Healing Health Problems
English mantras for health problems and healing
Use these non-religious English affirmations to promote inner calm. This will help alleviate the symptoms of diabetes, high blood pressure, heart disease and other health problems.
- “Every day. One step at a time.”
- “I am calm and in control of my body.”
- “I am healing minute by minute hour by hour.”
- “I am breathing deep, calming and relaxing.”
- “I am grateful for my body every day.”
- “I support my health with love and compassion.”
- “I am grateful for each new day on my way to recovery.”
Recite one of these mantras 108 times now (preferably using a mala necklace), with your eyes closed. Then repeat once a day.
Hinduism, Buddhism and yoga mantras for health problems & healing
The following mantras for health problems and healing will help with diabetes, blood pressure and heart disease. They are Tantrik treatments.
VUNG — This is the best mantra for healing blood pressure
Take a look at this article about meditation and high blood pressure.
Traditionally it was said that to practice this mantra you must be holding rudraksha beads. You must then recite “Vung” one thousand times. This will correct blood pressure (for both low blood pressure and high blood pressure).
Use this one in the morning and after work, while facing north. Recite it every day for one month. For best results perform outside.
Healing Mantra for healing heart Disease: Om Hrung Joong Shah
This one should be repeated 500 times a day before sunrise and after sunset.
It will only work in the early stages of heart disease. You must wear a Rudraksha Mala while chanting.
Recite “Om Hrung Joong Shah” consistently for 15 days to cure heart disease.
Vedic Mantras For Healing Diseases
- Om Krishna-Viththalaya Namaha for Tongue Cancer
- Om Narayani-Krishnaya Namaha for Lung Cancer
- Om Mahesh-Krishnaya Namaha for Throat Cancer
- Om Bhavani-Pandurangaya Namaha for Blood Pressure
- Om Jay-Pandurang-Rakhumaiya Namaha for Heart Disease
- Om Durga-Ganapatiya Namaha for Heart Murmur
- Om Ram-Krishnaya Namaha for Jaundice
- Om Jay-Shriramya Namaha for Diabetes
- Om Narayana-Ram-Krishna-Hariaya Namaha for Schizophrenia
- Om Jayram-Ganapatiya Namaha for Epilepsy
Benefits of mantras for healing health problems
Mantras heal the body and mind by promoting relaxation, stimulating the parasympathetic nervous system, and helping with the physiological symptoms of stress and anxiety, as well as the specific spiritual benefits of each individual mantra.
Unfortunately, there is a lack of science to back-up the idea that mantras can heal the body. However, much research has shown the health benefits of meditation, and mantras are one form of meditation.
Because of the lack of scientific research, I do strongly recommend consulting a healthcare professional as well as using the chants I have shared above.
Spiritually speaking, people have been using mantras for healing health problems for thousands of years, and there are many ancient texts that discuss the health benefits of chanting. Buddhist and Hindu texts, as well as many yoga books, discuss the health benefits of mantras. And there has been much scientific research on the health benefits of sound healing too.
Chanting sacred sounds and phrases creates vibrations in the body through the movement of air. This is the same as when we hum. And science has shown that humming does have proven health benefits.
In The Humming Effect, Jonathan Goldman says: “When you bring your conscious attention to the practice of humming, it becomes an extraordinary vehicle for healing and transformation. Humming is easy and has marvellous beneficial effects, from lowering blood pressure and heart rate to stimulating the release of vital hormones such as melatonin and nitrous oxide”.
When you use the mantras for health and healing above, you also take advantage of these benefits of humming:
- Grounds us. When I’m suffering from Monkey Mind, I hum healing mantras to bring myself back to the moment.
- Clears the sinuses (you can actually feel this happening).
- Relaxes the muscles.
- Stops us thinking too much (because we focus on the mantra rather than on our thoughts)
- If we hum a pleasant tune it makes us happy and joyful (try humming Jingle Bells without smiling, I dare you).
- Slows down your breathing. So when you see that the rent is due and you panic, hum! Works for me!
- Relaxes the mind before bed (and we all know how important good sleep is for healing)
- Humming stimulates the parasympathetic nervous system 
- Humming reduces blood pressure between 10 – 20 mmHg
- Humming improves dental hygiene because vibrations in the mouth help move food particles.
Isn’t it amazing that even in the 21st Century, spiritual techniques like these are still among the best ways to heal ourselves?
You might also like to try these sound healing instruments.
What is your favourite mantra for health and healing? Write a comment below and remember to subscribe.
NEXT: Learn how to use meditation for pain relief.