Good news: There are many powerful mantras for health and healing that can help with illness, disease and various health problems.
There are healing mantras for diabetes, blood pressure, heart disease and many other common health problems.
My massively popular mantras list for beginners reveals how Japa and sacred sound can help us to restore our health and to help us to become fitter such as, for instance, by helping us lose weight [READ: Mudras for weight loss].
Japa, which is the meditative recitation of sacred sounds and chants, can help to boost your immune system and relax the mind, which is incredibly important for healing.
Healing Mantras For Health Problems In Common Illnesses
English mantras for health problems and healing
Use these non-religious English affirmations to promote inner calm. This will help alleviate the symptoms of diabetes, high blood pressure, heart disease and other health problems.
- “Every day. One step at a time.”
- “I am calm and in control of my body.”
- “I am healing minute by minute hour by hour.”
- “I am breathing deep, calming and relaxing.”
- “I am grateful for my body every day.”
- “I support my health with love and compassion.”
- “I am grateful for each new day on my way to recovery.”
Recite one of these mantras 108 times now (preferably using a mala necklace), with your eyes closed. Then repeat once a day.
Hinduism, Buddhism and yoga mantras for health problems and healing
The following mantras for health problems and healing will help with diabetes, blood pressure and heart disease. They areTantrik treatments.They will cure health issues when chanted. Let’s begin with one of the oldest and most sacred.
VUNG — This is the best mantra for healing blood pressure
Take a look at this article about meditation and high blood pressure.
Traditionally it was said that to practice this mantra you must be holding rudraksha beads. You must then recite “Vung” one thousand times. This will correct blood pressure (for both low blood pressure and high blood pressure).
Use this one in the morning and after work, while facing north. Recite it every day for one month. For best results perform outside.
Healing Mantra for healing heart Disease: Om Hrung Joong Shah
This one should be repeated 500 times a day before sunrise and after sunset.
It will only work in the early stages of heart disease. You must wear a Rudraksha Mala while chanting. Use Om Hrung Joong Shah consistently for 15 days to cure heart disease.
Vedic Mantras For Healing Diseases
- Om Krishna-Viththalaya Namaha for Tongue Cancer
- Om Narayani-Krishnaya Namaha for Lung Cancer
- Om Mahesh-Krishnaya Namaha for Throat Cancer
- Om Bhavani-Pandurangaya Namaha for Blood Pressure
- Om Jay-Pandurang-Rakhumaiya Namaha for Heart Disease
- Om Durga-Ganapatiya Namaha for Heart Murmur
- Om Ram-Krishnaya Namaha for Jaundice
- Om Jay-Shriramya Namaha for Diabetes
- Om Narayana-Ram-Krishna-Hariaya Namaha for Schizophrenia
- Om Jayram-Ganapatiya Namaha for Epilepsy
You may also like some mantras to protect you from illnesses.
There are also healing mantras for skin and hair.
Benefits of mantras for health and healing
Mantras heal the body and mind by promoting relaxation, stimulating the parasympathetic nervous system, and helping with the physiological symptoms of stress and anxiety, as well as the specific spiritual benefits of each individual mantra.
Unfortunately, there is a lack of science to back-up the idea that mantras can heal the body. However, much research has shown the health benefits of meditation, and mantras are one form of meditation. As well as mantras there are also self-healing meditations.
Because of the lack of scientific research, I do strongly recommend consulting a healthcare professional as well as using the chants I have shared below.
Spiritually speaking, people have been using mantras for health and healing for thousands of years, and there are many ancient texts that discuss the health benefits of chanting. Buddhist and Hindu texts, as well as many yoga books, discuss the health benefits of mantras. And there has been much scientific research on the health benefits of sound healing too [READ: Sound Healing Guide].
A matter of vibration (humming)
Chanting sacred sounds and phrases creates vibrations in the body through the movement of air. This is the same as when we hum. And science has shown that humming does have proven health benefits.
In The Humming Effect, Jonathan Goldman says:
“When you bring your conscious attention to the practice of humming, it becomes an extraordinary vehicle for healing and transformation. Humming is easy and has marvellous beneficial effects, from lowering blood pressure and heart rate to stimulating the release of vital hormones such as melatonin and nitrus oxidde.
When you use the mantras for health and healing above, you also take advantage of these benefits of humming.
Here are 12 benefits of humming (and by extension, mantras)
- Grounds us. When I’m running about like a total loon, I hum to bring myself back to the moment.
- Clears the sinuses (you can actually feel this happening).
- Relaxes the muscles.
- Stops us thinking too much (because we focus on the humming rather than on our thoughts)
- Is a pleasant tune makes us happy and joyful (try humming Jingle Bells without smiling, I dare you).
- Slows down your breathing. So when you see that the rent is due and you panic, hum! Works for me!
- Relaxes the mind before bed (and we all know how important good sleep is for healing)
- Humming stimulates the parasynthetic nervous system 
- Humming reduces blood pressure between 10 – 20 mmHg
- Humming improves dental hygiene because vibrations in the mouth help move food particles.
What’s your favourite mantra for health and healing?
Isn’t it amazing that even in the 21st Century, spiritual techniques like these are still among the best ways to heal ourselves?
What is your favourite mantra for health and healing? Write a comment below and remember to subscribe.
NEXT: Learn how to use meditation for pain relief.