How long does it take to unblock Chakras? One of my students in my online meditation lessons asked me that today.
If you have read my guide to chakra dhyana for beginners, you might wonder how long it takes to unblock your chakras (or “sushumna” as they are sometimes called).
The chakras are energy centres (“Wheels”) in the body that move prana through rivers called nadi. They have existed in scared texts for thousands of years. Reiki master and yoga instructor Fern Olivia says that they were first mentioned in the spiritual text The Vedas, the Sanskrit literary records that are the first texts of Hinduism.
Unblocking the chakras leads to numerous health benefits, but it can take time. You might wonder, “How long does it take to unblock chakras?” and “What are the best methods to unblock the chakras”
Well, for me, I have to say meditation is the best way, such as by using the Third Eye Meditation Technique.
However, meditation can take time.
If you want to speed up the process, I highly recommend using chakra singing bowls.
You can also try the techniques below.
How Long It Takes To Unblock Chakras Depends On Your Methods
Here are my favourite ways how to unblock chakras when you’re short on time. One of the best options for opening all seven chakras is with the right meditation crystals.
Let’s take a look at the exercises, nutrition, essential oils, and other ways to unblock your chakras quickly.
Different ways of unblocking chakras:
1: Nutrition: Yes, the foods you eat can influence the balance of your chakras. Below, I’ve mentioned the best foods to unblock the seven chakras.
2: Mantras: Mantras are sacred sounds and phrases use in yoga, Hinduism, Buddhism, and other religions. Traditionally they would be recited in Japa meditation while waring a mala. Mantras create vibrations in the throat, abdomen, and chest, that can change your energy frequencies. According to The Chopra Center, mantras are repeated different numbers of times depending on the mantra being used. In Vedic tradition, the best mantras for chakra unblocking are the beej mantras.
3: Visualization: Visualization simply involves imagining different things while meditating.
4: Tapping: Although I haven’t mentioned it in the list below, another way to unblock chakras quickly is with tapping (the ” Emotional Freedom Technique or EFT). Nick and Jessica Ortner, who founded the Tapping Solution Foundation, state that tapping involves using the fingertips to tap meridian points, while also chanting affirmations.
Reiki: It is also possible to use the Japanese alternative medicine Reiki, made famous by individuals like Reiki Master Kelsey Patel. This channels chi through the body to unblock chakras.
Unblocking Root Chakra (Muladhara):
The root chakra is all about feeling grounded. There are many ways to unblock the root chakras. Some of them are quicker than others.
- Walk around barefoot.
- Visualise the colour red
- Essential oils for the root chakra are clove, cedar and Myrrh
- Eat red foods
- Crystals for this chakra are Agate, Smoky Quartz, Hematite, Bloodstone, Ruby, Garnet
Ambi Kavanagh [author of Chakras & Self-Care: Activate the Healing Powers of Chakras with Everyday Rituals] tells us that the root chakra “can be underactive or overactive… [When it’s underactive] we feel anxious and insecure… [when it’s overactive] the energies are working overtime [leading to attachment]”.
Unblocking Sacral Chakra (Svadisthana)
Unblocking the sacral chakra helps with sexuality, creativity and relationships. And if you’re wondering how long it takes to unblock this chakra: Not long!
Just do this:
- Eat orange foods
- Develop self-compassion
- Watch or read romantic movies / books
- Indulge in romantic things like candles
- Crystals for this chakra: Moonstone, Carnelian
- Visualise the colour orange.
- Essential oils for the sacral chakra are Sandalwood and Ylang Ylang
Unblocking Solar Plexus Chakra (Manipura)
Unblocking the solar plexus chakra will help with your mental clarity and will give a boost to your cognitive thinking and your emotions.
To unblock this chakra faster:
- Crystals for this chakra are Amber, Citrine, Tiger’s Eye
- Spend time in the sunshine
- Eat yellow foods
- Essential oils for this chakra are lemon and chamomile
- Spend time with people who appreciate you
- Reduce negative self-talk
Unblocking Heart Chakra (Anahata)
The Heart Chakra symbolises everything to do with love. Deepak Chopra states that this chakra is the place where our spiritual side meets our physical side. When this chakra is unblocked we feel love, we are able to forgive, and we trust. When it is blocked we feel closed off from other people emotionally.
The best ways to open this chakra quicker include:
- Spending time with those you love, whether people or animals!
- Communicating in a loving and peaceful way
- Spending time working on your passions
- Eating green foods
- Visualising the colour green
- Essential oils for this chakra are: Bergamot, Rose
- Crystals For This Chakra Are: Rose Quartz, Emerald, Jade Green
Unblocking Throat Chakra (Vishudha)
The throat chakra, as you might expect, is a chakra all about communication. Incidentally, this is a chakra I myself struggled with for a long time. I used to have the hardest time communicating as a younger man. Opening this chakra helped big time. And if you’re wondering how long it takes to unblock this chakra: it’s quick! Just do this:
- Sing (which opens the throat and makes you feel better about being vocal)
- Communicate in honest ways, both with other people and with how you talk to yourself
- Visualise the colour blue
- Essential oils for this chakra are: Neroli, Sage, Lavender
- Best Crystals for this chakra are: Aquamarine, Turquoise
Unblocking Third Eye Chakra (Ajna)
The third eye chakra is all about insight and intuition. Here are some ways to open it.
- Practice yoga for intuition
- Listen closely
- Listen to your intuition
- Visualise the colour indigo
- Essential oils for this chakra are: Rosemary, Jasmine, Patchouli
- Best crystals for this chakra are: Lazuli, Sodalite
Unblocking crown chakra (Sahasrara)
The crown chakra is the seat of our highest selves and the gateway to spiritual awakening.
Some ways to open this chakra faster are:
- Spiritual activities
- Eating purple foods
- Visualising violet
- Best essential oils for this chakra are: olibanum (frankincense)
These are the best ways how to unblock chakras quickly. So if you’ve ever wanted to know how long it takes to unblock chakras: not long! Well, not long if you are dedicated and make the suitable lifestyle changes, that is.
And if you’d like to learn more about chakras, here are the chakra books I recommend.