If you have read my guide to chakra meditation for beginners, you might wonder how long it takes to open your chakras.
As an online meditation teacher, probably the one comment I hear most is that people do not have enough time to meditate. It can be hard squeezing in enough time for all the different types of meditation you should do.
Proper chakra meditation can take quite a long time. However, there are many other ways to activate your chakras. With the tricks and tips below, you will be able to open your chakras while still having enough time left over for cooking, gardening, and whatever else you need to do.
And if you want to speed up the process, purchase a set of chakra singing bowls.
If You Don’t Have Time To Open Your Chakras, Do This
Here are my favourite tips and techniques to open your chakras when you’re short on time. One of the best options for opening all seven chakras is with the right meditation crystals.
Opening Root Chakra:
The root chakra is all about feeling grounded. It’s the root. And there are many ways to open the root chakras. Some of them are quicker than others.
- Walk around barefoot.
- Visualise the colour red
- Essential oils for the root chakra are clove, cedar and Myrrh
- Eat red foods
- Crystals for this chakra are Agate, Smoky Quartz, Hematite, Bloodstone, Ruby, Garnet
Opening Sacral Chakra
Opening the sacral chakra helps with sexuality, creativity and relationships. And if you’re wondering how long it takes to open this chakra: Not long!
Just do this:
- Eat orange foods
- Develop your self-compassion
- Watch or read romantic movies / books
- Indulge in romantic things like candles
- Crystals for this chakra: Moonstone, Carnelian
- Visualise the colour orange.
- Essential oils for the sacral chakra are Sandalwood and Ylang Ylang
Opening Solar Plexus Chakra
Opening the solar plexus chakra will help with your mental clarity and will give a boost to your cognitive thinking and your emotions.
To open this chakra faster:
- Crystals for this chakra are Amber, Citrine, Tiger’s Eye
- Spend time in the sunshine
- Eat yellow foods
- Essential oils for this chakra are lemon and chamomile
- Spend time with people who appreciate you
- Reduce negative self-talk
Opening Heart Chakra
The Heart Chakra symbolises everything to do with love.
Some ways to open this chakra quicker include:
- Spending time with those you love, whether people or animals!
- Communicating in a loving and peaceful way
- Spending time working on your passions
- Eating green foods
- Visualising the colour green
- Essential oils for this chakra are: Bergamot, Rose
- Crystals For This Chakra Are: Rose Quartz, Emerald, Jade Green
Opening Throat Chakra
The throat chakra, as you might expect, is a chakra all about communication. Incidentally, this is a chakra I myself struggled with for a long time. I used to have the hardest time communicating as a younger man. Opening this chakra helped big time. And if you’re wondering how long it takes to open this chakra: it’s quick! Just do this:
- Sing (which opens the throat and makes you feel better about being vocal)
- Communicate in honest ways, both with other people and with how you talk to yourself
- Visualise the colour blue
- Essential oils for this chakra are: Neroli, Sage, Lavendar
- Best Crystals for this chakra are: Aquamarine, Turquoise
Opening Third Eye Chakra
I’ve actually written an in-depth guide to opening your third eye chakra
The third eye chakra is all about insight and intuition. Here are some ways to open it.
- Practice yoga for intuition
- Listen closely
- Listen to your intuition
- Visualise the colour indigo
- Essential oils for this chakra are: Rosemary, Jasmine, Patchouli
- Best crystals for this chakra are: Lazuli, Sodalite
Opening crown chakra
The crown chakra is the seat of our highest selves and the gateway to spiritual awakening.
Some ways to open this chakra faster are:
- Spiritual activities
- Eating purple foods
- Visualising violet
- Best essential oils for this chakra are: olibanum and frankincense
With these techniques, you can open your chakra more quickly. So if you’ve ever wanted to know how long it takes to open chakra: not long!
And if you’d like to learn more about chakras, here are the chakra books I recommend.
Subscribe today to receive our free meditation ebook!