Meditating trains your subconscious mind so that you can change your beliefs and start to achieve the life you desire. This is the basic premise of manifesting. And this is backed by research.
According to The Consciousness of Reality by James B. Glattfelde, your mind perceives the world in a way that substantiates your beliefs. In other words, if you believe you are poor, you will not attract money. And if you believe you are rich, you will create a reality of wealth. Your mind will then literally manifest money and wealth.
Problem is: how do you change your beliefs? And the answer is this: you change your beliefs by training your mind to see the world differently.
When we use meditation to attract wealth, we train the mind to see the world as a source of abundance.
Meditate With Me
Join me for a private meditation session. Master meditation. Master your mind.
Meditation For Money
*For best results, book an online meditation lesson with me today.
- Close your eyes and lie or sit somewhere comfortable. Make sure you sit with good posture, with a straight but relaxed spined.
- Allow yourself to focus on your breath for at least a few minutes and try to silence any thoughts in your mind. Make sure you are completely relaxed before continuing.
- Imagine that just in front of you is all the money you ever wanted. It is yours. You earned it or acquired it fairly in a way you are pleased with.
- Allow yourself to get used to the idea of that money being there.
- This is where this technique varies to the typical. Be mindful of your inner conflict. Part of your mind will be saying that you cannot have the money, or you don’t deserve it, or that it is impossible to actually get that money. Do NOT fight these thoughts away. Accept them.
- Acknowledge all the reasons why you might not get the money. If, for instance, you think I don’t deserve this wealth, go with that. Ask why you do not deserve it and accept all the answers.
- Now accept all the positive reasons why you do deserve the money, why you will get it, and what you will do with it.
- The key to this entire technique is to acknowledge both the good and the bad. So make sure you have accepted all the positives and the negatives. This is a psychological technique called Mental Contrasting and is backed by science.
- Decide what one thing you will do for the universe in exchange for the money and make it something realistic and worthwhile. For instance, “I will end world hunger.” No. Won’t happen. Say the one thing you actually will do and why it matters.
- Do not take the money. Tell yourself, “This money is here for when I am ready. I will fulfil my purpose and then take the money as a reward”.
The Science of Manifesting
Meditation helps us manifest things because when we meditate we become aware of our thoughts and subconscious beliefs. And once we are aware of these things, we can change them.
Meditation increases conscious awareness according to Jacqueline Lutz of the University of Zurich. This means that when we meditate we become more aware of the things we are focusing on and the way we are thinking.
With this increased awareness we can stop negative thoughts about our financial situation and other things. And we can choose to see the world as a source of wealth and abundance.
When we use meditation to manifest, we train the mind to stop thinking negatively about money and start thinking positively about it. This then changes our perception of our reality. From there, we can train the mind to see the world as a source of financial gain, and we can attract money. It’s essentially the law of attraction [2-Jack Canfield, Using The Law of Attraction].
The key to manifesting wealth is asking the universe for what you want, i.e., money.
Just as the famous Paolo Coelho quote says: “When your heart truly desires something, the whole universe conspires to help you achieve that thing, simply because it is a desire that originated from the soul of the world.” You must choose what you want precisely, and ask for it precisely.
When you determine what you want, and when you ask for what you want with clarity and precision, the universe will respond by producing whatever it is you ask for. So, when you want to manifest money, you need to very clearly ask the universe precisely for that.
Sadly, fear and anxiety often get in the way
Science shows that fear and anxiety lead us to ruminate on things we do not want. When we focus on the bad things in life, we actually create more of them. Dwelling on negatives will bring more negatives into your life. This is the very opposite of the law of attraction.
It’s also a key reason why gratitude is important.
When we are grateful, we focus on the things we like, the positives in life, and by focusing on good things we cultivate more of those things. But when we dwell on fears and anxiety, we accidentally cultivate negatives.
What we focus on grows. To attract money, think of receiving money, not losing it. If we want to manifest wealth, but we actually worry about poverty, we will just create more poverty, rather than manifesting abundance and prosperity. This is called Inverted Thought Formation, a term coined by Robert Yerkes and John Dodson in 1908.
Inverted Thought Formation means focusing on what we do not want as opposed to what we do want. It is because of Inverted Thought Formation that the universe gives us what we do not want, rather than what we do want. Therefore, if (for instance) you want to manifest money, you should work on changing your thoughts about money first.
To attract money, follow these tips
1: Change your perspective
There’s a famous quote that says, “Change your view of the world, and you change the world.” Your perspective shapes the way you look at things. If you want to manifest wealth, you must see a world of wealth. See the world as a positive and friendly place where good things happen and when there are many, many opportunities.
2: Look within
You must rid yourself of the obstacles between yourself and that which you desire. Stop thinking that abundance and success are “Out there.” Instead, see yourself as a person of success and abundance. You yourself are the source of success and abundance.
Learn to adopt an attitude of acceptance. Allow yourself to have abundance. Do not listen to people who seem to distance you from a world of abundance, and do not allow yourself to think negative thoughts about abundance.
4: Focus on the present moment
Use the present moment to create the belief that you are living a life of riches. Be thankful and grateful for everything you have in your life. Gratitude is one of the most important traits a person can have [Martin Seligman, creator of Positive Psychology]. If you are not thankful for what you already have, you will not get more; you’ll get less.
Use positive action to affirm your life of riches. Begin acting as though you are already living a life of wealth. Make yourself push for prosperity. Ask yourself, what is it that you could do right now that would create the belief that you are living a life of abundance.
Paul Harrison BSc is a qualified meditation teacher who believes in genuine, authentic meditation. He has more than 15 years experience in teaching meditation and mindfulness both to individuals and to corporations and is the author of four books on meditation. He has been featured in Psychology Today, Breathe Magazine, Healthline, Psych Central and Lion’s Roar.
Paul studied meditation in beautiful Oxford, UK, and Hamilton Ontario Canada, and earned his degree at Staffordshire University.
Paul’s biggest inspirations include Thich Nhat Hanh, Jon Kabat Zinn, and Jack Kornfield.
“My goal is to provide the most authentic meditation sessions so you can harness the power of your own mind for personal transformation” – Paul Harrison