Mental health refers to the state of a person’s emotional, mental, and psychosocial well-being, as described in how one acts, talks, and cope with everyday problems. The holistic approach has been used as a key methodology in treating mental health problems. This approach includes managing psychological manifestations and physical signs and symptoms by using traditional medications and even supplements, like full-spectrum hemp oil or cannabidiol (CBD) oil.
What’s CBD? You probably have read or heard the promising benefits of CBD, which is believed to be a therapeutic compound found in hemp and cannabis plants. It’s commonly used to treat pain, stress, insomnia, and anxiety.
Learn how to use CBD oil to manage your mental health by reading below.
Oral Intake For Stress Relief
One way to manage mental health is by combating stress. Stress levels vary from one person to another; a minor source of stress for you can be a major stress factor to others and vice versa. Every individual has a unique way of coping with stress, but it would help to get medical intervention if stress arises, such as oral intake of full-spectrum hemp oil for stress relief.
What’s full-spectrum hemp oil? This oil is also well known as CBD oil, which contains CBD and other cannabinoids, like terpenes and tetrahydrocannabinol (THC). THC is the psychoactive ingredient usually found in cannabis, but it’s only available in trace amounts (0.3% or less). 
Here’s how to orally ingest full-spectrum hemp oil or CBD oil:
- Microdosing: Since there’s no standard dose in taking CBD oil, microdosing is highly recommended. This involves taking small amounts of CBD oil until you notice the desired effects in your body. Experimenting is safe when you’re using CBD oil because of the very low THC content. You won’t feel high or experience unpleasant effects, nor will it affect your normal routine.
- Best Time: You can choose the perfect time to take CBD oil. The recommended time is to regularly take CBD oil in the morning. Doing so will help you stay calm and resilient throughout the day.
- Technique: For immediate effect, take a few drops of CBD oil under the tongue, or sublingual, for about 15 to 30 seconds before swallowing. While CBD oil is almost tasteless, you can immediately swallow it and benefit from its longer-lasting effect.
CBD-infused Edibles To Help Improve Mood
Many people perceive food as a reward as it helps lighten one’s mood. Taking CBD-infused edibles is also one way to improve mood because of cannabidiol’s anti-anxiety effects.
CBD works with the endocannabinoid system of the body, which is related to stress and mood regulation. Regularly taking full-spectrum hemp oil that’s infused in your favorite food recipes can help support the endocannabinoid system, which allows optimal functioning.
Here are some suggestions to incorporate CBD oil to foods and beverages:
- To calm your senses, put a few drops of CBD oil to your tea, coffee, smoothie, milk, or any relaxing drink.
- To avoid losing its potency, make sure to avoid exposing CBD oil to too much heat.
- Add a few drops of CBD oil to food recipes that are not too warm, such as pasta and soup.
- Make CBD-infused salad by using a few drops of full-spectrum hemp as a healthy salad dressing.
Apply CBD-infused Skin Topicals For Relaxing Massage Therapy
Unpleasant skin may cause stress, most especially for teenagers and women. On the other hand, mental health problems may also manifest as skin problems, like acne. Either way, fortunately, CBD oil can help manage skin health and mental health.
Skin topical preparations, such as lotions, creams, and moisturizers, can be infused with CBD oil to help calm and rejuvenate skin. There are commercially available CBD topicals that are widely sold online and in brick-and-mortar health and beauty stores. CBD oil, lotion, balm, and salve can be massaged to provide body and mind relaxation.
To benefit from its antioxidant and moisturizing properties, you can also apply CBD oil directly to your skin. For the skin to absorb cannabidiol, massage a small amount of CBD oil over the affected area for about a minute or two.
Take CBD Oil To Conquer Flight Anxiety
For some people, a flight can be a source of anxiety. While you can chew CBD gummies at the hotel before leaving, the sublingual route provides almost immediate stress or anxiety relief.
Here’s how to take full-spectrum hemp oil sublingually:
- Draw a recommended dose of CBD oil-based on your microdosing or manufacturer’s instructions.
- Apply a few drops of full-spectrum hemp oil under your tongue.
- Wait for 15 to 30 seconds so the oral tissue or mucosa will absorb the cannabidiol.
Take CBD Oil Along With Other Treatment Options
You can take CBD oil concurrently with traditional antidepressants or anti-psychotic medications, behavior therapy, yoga, meditation, and other treatment options. Just make sure to talk about this treatment option with your doctor to create an organized schedule or medication plan for you.
Good-to-know Facts When Using CBD Oil For Mental Health
- For relaxation, follow a CBD schedule taking full-spectrum hemp oil. You can take CBD in the morning, before bedtime, or as needed.
- CBD oil can help improve patients’ quality of life by reducing the signs and symptoms of stress and anxiety.
- Not all CBD oil has the same effects. Choose full-spectrum CBD oil that’s extracted using the decarboxylation method or carbon dioxide extraction, which is a safe and eco-friendly way of extracting CBD from hemp plants. To ensure safety and for your peace of mind, make sure to ask proof of third-party testing from the manufacturer.
- 4.CBD oil won’t leave you stoned. Instead, you’ll feel more relaxed and calmed without creating any mind-altering effects.
- The body produces its cannabinoids. CBD oil boosts the level of cannabinoids in the body to help regulate mood and cognitive functioning.
- CBD oil alone cannot cure mental health disorders. Thus, don’t rely on taking full-spectrum hemp oil alone when managing psychiatric problems.
CBD oil can be used in different ways to help manage your mental health. You can take CBD oil sublingually or infused in edibles. CBD oil topicals are also available, which means that CBD oil can be directly applied to the skin, allowing for better skin health and mental health through massage therapy.
When taking CBD oil, microdosing, or taking CBD in a small amount is highly recommended. Do this until you reach a dose wherein you feel the desired effects. One way to take the right CBD dose for you is by following the manufacturer’s instructions.
Paul Harrison is a passionate meditation teacher who believes in genuine, authentic meditation. He has more than 15 years experience in meditation and mindfulness. He studied meditation in beautiful Oxford, UK, and Hamilton Ontario Canada, and earned his degree at Staffordshire University.
“My goal is to provide the most authentic meditation sessions so you can harness the power of your own mind for personal transformation” – Paul Harrison