In this tutorial, we will look at the third eye meditation script, used to open Ajna chakra, its benefits, and other ways to open the third eye chakra.
I love this technique. It’s one of my favourite methods that I teach in my online meditation lessons. Many of my students are surprised when they suddenly start accessing their insight and intuition.
Some of the stunning benefits of this technique include increased insight and intuition, and the development of psychic powers [READ: Develop Psychic Abilities].
What Is The Ajna Chakra / Third Eye Meditation Script?
The Third Eye Meditation script is a form of chakra meditation [READ: Chakra Dhyana For Beginners].
It is used to open the Ajna chakra, or “third eye”. When we practice this method, we increase insight and intuition.
The Third Eye
The third eye is the pineal gland located in the centre of the brain. Rene Descartes once called it the location of the soul. Contained in the pineal gland are cells called pinealocyte that help with the secretion of melatonin, which is important for the circadian rhythm. The circadian rhythm is vital because it controls our internal clock, telling us when to sleep and when to be active. Also, the pineal gland contains glial cells that support neurons.
However, researchers believe that the benefits of the third eye / pineal gland go further than this.
The Ajna Chakra has been linked to many aspects of health, including metabolism, reduction of sleep-related depression, sense of direction, mood, and potentially the various functions related to the hypothalamus (such as thyroid function and hormonal functions).
One study found a connection between the pineal gland and drug addition [Francesco Crespi (2018) The Pineal Hypothesis for Drug Dependence. International Physiology Journal – 2(1):3-8.]
Although there is no proof, ancient texts state that we can meditate to open the third eye pineal gland with meditation.
About Third Eye Meditation
The Third Eye meditation script is a practice used in Taoism and numerous Chinese religions, including Chan Buddhism.
In these religions, the “sixth chakra” (Ajna) is considered one of the most important elements of spiritual awakening.
Some Christian teachers, including Richard Roar [author, spiritual writer, and Franciscan friar], have also discussed the benefits of the third eye meditation technique, as have some theologists, including Charles Webster Leadbeater, and H. P. Blavatsky and his adherents.
Rick Strassman [American clinical associate professor of psychiatry at the University of New Mexico School of Medicine] called the Third Eye the “Spirit Molecule”, such was the power he saw in it.
Sadly, many people have a close (calcified) third eye. This stops spiritual development. And that is why we must use meditation for the third eye.
Of course, meditation is the psychological practice of focusing the mind on the present moment. Stemming from a combination of Hinduism, tantra, yoga, and Buddhism, meditation is about mindfully observing the present moment. It helps with stress, anxiety, depression, negative thoughts, and yes, you can meditate to open the third eye.
There is a direct link between meditation and the third eye. Ajna Chakra meditation relaxes the mind. In turn, this helps us to find the intuition contained in the third eye, according to The Chopra Center. . When we open the third eye we tap into clairvoyance and latent psychic powers.
Many people have a blocked Third Eye
Many people have a blocked this eye, largely because of stress and fatigue. When your Ajna chakra is blocked it impedes psychic abilities and could cause mental health complications. Thankfully, we can use the Third eye meditation technique to reduce stress and reopen the chakra.
I should mention that you don’t actually need to meditate to open the Ajna chakra. Gemstones help too, as well as mantras, mudra, and other methods.
Actually, there are many ways to open the third eye. Yoga is another method. However, the Third Eye Meditation technique is the fastest way.
How to do the Third Eye meditation (script & technique)
This third eye meditation script contains precise instructions, so be sure to follow it carefully. You might also like to try the best yoga meditation techniques.
- Go to a quiet, relaxing area. Sit comfortably with good posture so your spine is elongated with a natural curve at the bottom. Lower your chin slightly. Now place your hands so that the index fingers and thumbs are touching at the tips. Close your eyes gently.
- Breathe deep through your nose, from the diaphragm. Hold your breath for a moment at the end of your inhales. Then exhale through your mouth.
- Relax your face. Feel the relaxation extending to the body.
- Gradually relax more and more.
- Focus your attention between your eyebrows. Become aware of the Ajna chakra opening and feel the gradual increase of energy in the pineal gland. Feel it opening and radiating light.
- Notice the light travelling outwards from your Ajna chakra in 360 degrees.
- Let go and release any negative or disruptive thoughts.
- Continue to relax
- Allow the sphere of light in your forehead to open. Observe the light radiating.
- Continue to relax your body. As you do so, be aware of the sensation of your body becoming lighter and lighter.
- Allow Ajna to open, continuing to relax.
- Ask for divine help to open you’re your chakras.
- Allow the light to flow through you, out of your Ajna chakra.
- Ask your Higher Self to fill you with pure white light. The light fills you throughout, into every place in and around you.
- Ask your Higher Self if there is a message about you opening your third eye. Part of the 3rd eye meditation script is to listen to any messages that come to you. So be still for a couple of minutes and allow any message to appear.
- Ask your divine self if there are other ways to open the chakra. This is important. Your higher self will send you ideas for continuing your development. Listen to those ideas.
- Notice if images, thoughts, or visions are arising.
- Once you have experienced the open Ajna chakra for long enough, take your time and gradually bring your awareness back to the present moment.
- Say (aloud or in your head) “I am fully present in this moment, here and now.”
- Take a deep breath, stretch, and express gratitude.
- This entire process should take approximately twenty minutes.
This third eye meditation script should be followed carefully. You might like to bookmark this page, so you have the script saved for later.
There are more ways to open the third eye. For instance:
- Practice Shambhavi mudra
- Cultivate inner peace
- Use intuition exercises
- Nurture your creativity
- Practice grounding.
Of these, the best method is using the Third Eye Meditation technique.
Benefits of the Third Eye Meditation Script & Ajna Chakra
The benefits of Third Eye meditation technique are similar to other forms of meditation. For instance, relaxation and improved cognitive performance. However, it also has unique benefits.
The Ajna chakra leads to spiritual awakening and the cultivation of psychic powers. Specifically, third eye meditation benefits us by helping us perceive the world outside of the trappings of the mind.
When we open the third eye with meditation, we awaken our insight.
Have you ever felt moments of intuitive wisdom, when you knew something important even though you weren’t sure how you knew? Maybe you sensed someone was in pain. Or you felt a voice calling you though you couldn’t see anyone. Or you felt a warning inside yourself. These are moments of insight that give you the vital information you need to know.
Such insight comes from the Ajna chakra (third eye). That’s why the primary benefit of the Third Eye meditation script is unlocking insight and intuition.
Limited scientific research supports the Third Eye theory. However, some studies show that the quantum field theory is accurate and that we are all interconnected.
- 1. Helps to treat anxiety and depression by making us more aware of our thoughts
- 2. Improves understanding of others.
- 3. Helps with business as it promotes a deeper understanding of reality.
- 4. Can improve relationships as it helps us to understand others better.
What does awakening the Third Eye do?
The Ajna chakra is the gateway to psychic and spiritual development. Some of the benefits of opening the Ajna chakra include heightened intuition and insight; spiritual growth; and the cultivation of supernatural powers. For more on this see the section “Third Eye Meditation Benefits”, above.
What do you see when your third eye opens?
Essentially, when you open the third eye you see your insight and intuition. You are able to see the deeper thoughts in your mind, and you gain more connection to your spiritual self.
What is the fastest way to open your third eye?
The fastest way to open your third eye is with meditation, specifically Ajna Chakra meditation or full Chakra Dhyana. Other ways include using gemstones, recording your dreams, and any method of deep relaxation.
Can opening your third eye be dangerous?
There are some stories that some Ajna chakra techniques can cause headaches, especially when you use the Shambhavi Mudra. For this reason, it is important to go slowly. This does not mean that you should not do it. The benefits of Third Eye meditation outweigh the cons. But do proceed cautiously.
Does meditation open your third eye?
There are specific techniques that can be used to activate the Ajna chakra. Methods include mantras, mudras and visualizations. See the Ajna Meditation script above for more.
What happens if the third eye opens?
When the Ajna chakra opens, we gain access to certain psychic powers that many consider to be supernormal. They include heightened insight and intuition, and the development of psychic abilities, including clairvoyance.
What blocks the third eye chakra?
Many things block the third eye. The most common are mental health problems, such as stress and anxiety. Fatigue can also stop the third eye opening. The best solution to these problems is to meditate on the Ajna chakra.
Does everyone have a third eye?
All human beings and most animals have a third eye. However, in humans, this is not a literal “eye”. Instead, it is a symbolic spiritual element. There is limited scientific evidence to substantiate the existence of the third eye.
What are the signs that your third eye is open?
Signs include heightened insight and intuition, along with certain psychic powers and an ability to perceive things beyond the material world.