In this tutorial, we will look at the Third Eye meditation script. We use this script to open the Ajna chakra. That is, the Third Eye.
This is one of my favorite techniques that I teach in my online meditation lessons. And it has quite staggering benefits. Indeed, many of my students are surprised when they suddenly start accessing their insight and intuition.
Let me show you the third eye meditation script. And after that we will discuss the science and benefits.
How to do the Third Eye meditation (script & technique)
- Go to a quiet, relaxing area.
- Sit comfortably with good posture so your spine is elongated with a natural curve at the bottom. Lower your chin slightly. Now place your hands so that your index fingers and thumbs are touching at the tips. Close your eyes gently.
- Breathe deeply through your nose, from the diaphragm. Hold your breath for a moment at the end of your inhales. Then exhale through your mouth.
- Relax your face. Feel the relaxation extending to your body.
- Gradually relax more and more.
- Focus your attention between your eyebrows. Become aware of the Ajna chakra opening. Feel the gradual increase of energy in your pineal gland (between your eyebrows).
- Feel it opening and radiating light.
- Notice the light traveling outwards from your Ajna chakra in 360 degrees.
- Let go and release any negative or disruptive thoughts.
- Continue to relax
- Allow the sphere of light in your forehead to grow. Observe the light radiating.
- Continue to relax your body. As you do so, be aware of the sensation of your body becoming lighter and lighter.
- Allow your Ajna chakra to open, continuing to relax.
- Allow the light to flow through you, out of your Ajna chakra.
- Ask your Higher Self to fill your whole body with pure white light. The light fills you throughout, into every place in and around you.
- Ask your divine self if there are other ways to open the chakra. This is important. Your higher self will send you ideas for continuing your development. Listen to those ideas.
- Once you have experienced the open Ajna chakra for long enough, take your time and gradually bring your awareness back to the present moment.
- Say (aloud or in your head) “I am fully present in this moment, here and now.”
- Take a deep breath, stretch, and express gratitude.
- This entire process should take approximately twenty minutes.
- Next, try one of these Yoga Meditation Techniques.
More ways to open ajna chakra:
- Practice Shambhavi mudra
- Cultivate inner peace
- Use intuition exercises
- Nurture your creativity
- Practice grounding.
What Is The Ajna Chakra / Third Eye Meditation Script?
The meditation is a form of chakra meditation [READ: Chakra Dhyana For Beginners].
It is used to open the Ajna chakra. When we practice this method, we increase insight and intuition.
What is the Third Eye
The third eye is the pineal gland located in the centre of the brain. Rene Descartes once called it the location of the soul.
Contained in the pineal gland are cells called pinealocyte. These cells help with the secretion of melatonin, which is important for the circadian rhythm.
The circadian rhythm is vital because it controls our internal clock. It tells us when to sleep and when to be active. Also, the pineal gland contains glial cells that support neurons.
However, researchers believe that the benefits of the third eye / pineal gland go further than this.
It is vital for health
The Ajna Chakra plays an important role in health. It has many functions. Indeed, it is linked to metabolism, reduction of sleep-related depression, sense of direction, mood, and potentially the various functions related to the hypothalamus (such as thyroid function and hormonal functions).
There is research to support this. For instance, one study found a connection between the pineal gland and drug addiction 
Third Eye meditation is a practice used in Taoism and numerous Chinese religions, including Chan Buddhism.
In these religions, the “sixth chakra” (Ajna) is considered one of the most important elements of spiritual awakening.
Some Christian teachers, including Richard Roar [author, spiritual writer, and Franciscan friar], have also discussed the benefits of the third eye, as have some theologists, including Charles Webster Leadbeater, and H. P. Blavatsky.
Rick Strassman  called it he “Spirit Molecule”, such was the power he saw in it.
Sadly, many people have a closed (calcified) chakra. When the it is blocked it stops spiritual development. And that is why we must use meditation to open it.
Of course, meditation is the psychological practice of focusing the mind on the present moment. Stemming from a combination of Hinduism, tantra, yoga, and Buddhism, meditation is about mindfully observing the present moment. It helps with stress, anxiety, depression, and negative thoughts, and yes, you can meditate to open the chakra.
There is a direct link between meditation and the third eye. Ajna Chakra meditation relaxes the mind. In turn, this helps us to find the intuition contained in the chakra, according to The Chopra Center. . When we open the chakra we tap into clairvoyance and latent psychic powers.
Many people have a blocked Third Eye
Many people have a blocked this eye, largely because of stress and fatigue. When your Ajna chakra is blocked it impedes psychic abilities and could cause mental health complications. Thankfully, we can use meditation to reduce stress and reopen the chakra.
I should mention that you don’t actually need to meditate to open the Ajna chakra. Gemstones help too, as do mantras, mudra, and other methods.
Benefits of Third Eye Meditation
The method shares many of the same benefits as regular meditation. For instance, relaxation and improved cognitive performance. However, it also has unique benefits.
Opening the Ajna chakra is vital for spiritual awakening and for nurturing psychic powers. Specifically, it helps us perceive the world outside of the trappings of the mind.
When we open the chakra we awaken our insight.
Have you ever felt moments of intuitive wisdom, when you knew something important even though you weren’t sure how you knew? Maybe you sensed someone was in pain. Or you felt a voice calling you though you couldn’t see anyone. Or you felt a warning inside yourself. These are moments of insight that give you the vital information you need to know.
Such insight comes from the Ajna chakra.
1. Helps treat anxiety and depression by making us more aware of our thoughts
2. Improves understanding of others.
3. Helps with business as it promotes a deeper understanding of reality.
4. Can improve relationships as it helps us to understand others.
What does awakening the Third Eye do?
The Ajna chakra is the gateway to psychic and spiritual development. Some of the benefits of opening the Ajna chakra include heightened intuition and insight; spiritual growth; and the cultivation of supernatural powers.
What do you see when the chakra opens?
Essentially, when you open this chakra you see your insight and intuition. You are able to see the deeper thoughts in your mind, and you gain more connection to your spiritual self.
What is the fastest way to open the chakra?
The fastest way to open your Ajna chakra is with meditation, specifically Ajna Chakra meditation or full Chakra Dhyana. Other ways include using gemstones, recording your dreams, and any method of deep relaxation.
Can it be dangerous?
Some people say that Ajna chakra techniques can cause headaches, especially when you use Shambhavi Mudra. For this reason, it is important to go slowly.
Does meditation open your third eye?
There are specific techniques that can be used to activate the Ajna chakra. Methods include mantras, mudras and visualizations.
What happens if the third eye opens?
When the Ajna chakra opens, we gain access to certain psychic powers that many consider to be supernormal. They include heightened insight and intuition, and the development of psychic abilities, including clairvoyance.
What blocks the third eye chakra?
Many things block the third eye. The most common are mental health problems, such as stress and anxiety. Fatigue can also stop it from opening. The best solution to these problems is to meditate on the Ajna chakra.
Does everyone have one?
All human beings and most animals have a third eye. However, in humans, this is not a literal “eye”. Instead, it is a symbolic spiritual element. There is limited scientific evidence to substantiate its existence.
What are the signs that it is open?
Signs include heightened insight and intuition, along with certain psychic powers and an ability to perceive things beyond the material world.
1: Francesco Crespi (2018) The Pineal Hypothesis for Drug Dependence. International Physiology Journal – 2(1):3-8.
2: Rick Strassman [American clinical associate professor of psychiatry at the University of New Mexico School of Medicine]
Paul Harrison is a passionate meditation teacher who believes in genuine, authentic meditation. He has more than 15 years experience in meditation and mindfulness. He studied meditation in beautiful Oxford, UK, and Hamilton Ontario Canada, and earned his degree at Staffordshire University.
“My goal is to provide the most authentic meditation sessions so you can harness the power of your own mind for personal transformation” – Paul Harrison