In this tutorial, we will be looking at the third eye meditation script, used to open Ajna chakra, it’s benefits, and other ways to open the third eye chakra. It is one of the methods I teach in my online meditation lessons.
Benefits of this technique include increased insight and intuition, and the development of psychic powers [READ: Develop Psychic Abilities Through Meditation].
What Is The Ajna Chakra / Third Eye Meditation Script?
The Third Eye Meditation script is a form of chakra meditation [READ: Chakra Dhyana For Beginners].
It is used to open the Ajna chakra, or “third eye”. Intuition and insight naturally increase when we do this.
The third eye is the pineal gland located in the centre of the brain. Rene Descartes once called it the location of the soul. The pineal gland contains cells called pinealocyte that produce melatonin that help with the secretion of melatonin, which is important for the circadian rhythm. It also contains glial cells that support neurons. The circadian rhythm is vital because it controls our internal clock, telling us when to sleep and when to be active.
Researchers believe, however, that the benefits of the third eye / pineal gland go further than this. The Ajna Chakra has been linked to many aspects of health, including metabolism, depression related to sleep, sense of direction, mood, and potentially the various functions related to the hypothalamus (such as thyroid function and hormonal functions). One study also related the pineal gland to drug addition [Francesco Crespi (2018) The Pineal Hypothesis for Drug Dependence. International Physiology Journal – 2(1):3-8.]
Although there is no proof, ancient texts state that we can meditate to open the third eye pineal gland.
The Third Eye meditation script is a practice used in Taoism and numerous Chinese religions, including Chan Buddhism. In these religions, the “sixth chakra” (Ajna) is considered one of the most important elements of spiritual awakening. Some Christian teachers, including Richard Roar, have also discussed the benefits of the third eye meditation technique, as have some theologists, including Charles Webster Leadbeater, and H. P. Blavatsky and his adherents. Rick Strassman [American clinical associate professor of psychiatry at the University of New Mexico School of Medicine] called the Third Eye the “Spirit Molecule”, such was the power he saw in it.
The most common problem is that we don’t have an open third eye. Rather, it is closed or calcified. This is why we need to use meditation for third eye opening.
Meditation, of course, is the psychological practice of focusing the mind on the present moment. Stemming from a combination of Hinduism, tantra, yoga, and Buddhism, meditation is about mindfully observing the present moment. It helps with stress, anxiety, depression, negative thoughts, and yes, you can meditate to open the third eye.
There is a direct link between meditation and the third eye. Ajna Chakra meditation relaxes the mind to open us to the intuition of the third eye according to The Chopra Center.  and can even lead to clairvoyance and latent psychic powers.
There are many reasons why people don’t have an open third eye. They include stress and fatigue. A blocked Ajna chakra can impede your psychic abilities and could cause mental health complications. Thankfully, we can use the Third eye meditation technique to reduce stress and reopen the chakra.
I should mention that you don’t actually need to meditate to open the Ajna chakra. Gemstones help too, well as mantras, mudra, and other methods. However, the fastest way to open the third eye is meditation.
Pineal gland activation will lead to many benefits. So let’s look at how to do it.
How to do the Third Eye meditation (script & technique)
This third eye meditation script contains precise instructions, so be sure to follow it carefully. You might also like to try these other yoga techniques.
- Go to a quiet, relaxing area. Sit comfortably with good posture so your spine is elongated with a natural curve at the bottom. Lower your chin slightly. Now place your hands so that the index fingers and thumbs are touching at the tips. Close your eyes gently.
- Breathe deep through your nose. You should breath from the diaphragm. Hold your breath for a moment at the end of your inhales . Then exhale through your mouth.
- Relax your face. Feel the relaxation extending to the body.
- Gradually relax more and more.
- Focus your attention between your eyebrows. Become aware of the Ajna chakra opening and feel the gradual increase of energy in the pineal gland. Feel it opening and radiating light.
- Notice the light travelling outwards from your Ajna chakra in 360 degrees.
- Let go and release any negative or disruptive thoughts.
- Continue to relax
- Allow the sphere of light in your forehead to open. Observe the light radiating.
- Continue to relax your body. As you do so, be aware of the sensation of your body becoming lighter and lighter.
- Allow Ajna to open, continuing to relax.
- Ask for divine help to open you’re your chakras.
- Allow the light to flow through you, out of your Ajna chakra.
- Ask your Higher Self to fill you with pure white light. Ask for the light to fill you throughout, into every place in and around you.
- Ask your Higher Self if there is a message about you opening your third eye. Part of the 3rd eye meditation script is to listen to any messages that come to you. So be still for a couple of minutes and allow any message to appear.
- Ask your divine self if there are other ways to open the chakra. This is important. Your higher self will send you ideas for continuing your development. Listen to those ideas.
- Notice if images, thoughts or visions are arising.
- Once you have experienced the open Ajna chakra for long enough, take your time and gradually bring your awareness back to the present moment.
- Say (aloud or in your head) “I am fully present in this moment, here and now.”
- Take a deep breath, stretch and express gratitude.
- This entire process should take approximately twenty minutes.
This third eye meditation script should be followed carefully. You might like to bookmark this page, so you have the script saved for later.
Now, as I previously discussed, there are more ways to open the third eye. Activation methods include gemstones, mudras, and mantras. Let’s take a look.
More ways To Open The Third Eye (Ajna) Chakra Without Meditation
Now that we have looked at the third eye meditation technique, here are some methods that do not require meditating.
- Practice Shambhavi mudra
- Cultivate inner peace
- Use intuition exercises
- Nurture your creativity
- Practice grounding.
Of these, the best method is using the Third Eye Meditation technique.
Benefits of the Third Eye Meditation Script & Ajna Chakra
There are many benefits of opening the Ajna chakra.
Meditation is the fastest way to gain access to the insight and intuition located in your pineal gland. When we open the third eye with meditation, we awaken our insight [READ: Meditation For Insight And Intuition]
Have you ever felt moments of intuitive wisdom, when you knew something important even though you weren’t sure how you knew? Maybe you sensed someone was in pain. Or you felt a voice calling you though you couldn’t see anyone. Or you felt a warning inside your self. These are moments of insight that give you the vital information you need to know.
Such insight comes from the Ajna chakra (third eye). That’s why the primary benefit of third eye meditation script is unlocking insight and intuition.
The Ajna chakra, or pineal gland, is the source of extrasensory information, or “sixth sense”.
Breaking scientific research suggests that the quantum field theory is accurate (we are all interconnected), and this gives evidence to the validity of the Ajna chakra. Unfortunately, most people do not have open third eyes and so they do not gain access to insight or intuition
The key to opening the third eye is with spiritual practices, such as a combination of meditation and yoga, and in particular the Third Eye Meditation technique that we looked at above. Doing this method relaxes the mind and unleashes the psychic powers within. When you do this, you will access your third eye intuition.
Third Eye Meditation technique shares most of the common benefits of meditation, such as relaxation and enhanced cognitive performance. It also has unique benefits, which are associated with the Ajna chakra. Benefits include spiritual awakening and the cultivation of psychic powers. Specifically, third eye meditation benefits us by helping us to perceive the world outside of the trappings of the mind.
- 1. Helps to treat anxiety and depression by making us more aware of our thoughts
- 2. Helps us to understand people. This is why online psychics use this meditation technique all the time.
- 3. Helps with business as it promotes a deeper understanding of reality.
- 4. Helps your relationships as it allows you to understand others better.
What does awakening the Third Eye do?
The Ajna chakra is the gateway to psychic and spiritual development. Some of the benefits of opening the Ajna chakra include heightened intuition and insight; spiritual growth; the cultivation of supernatural powers. For more on this see the section “Third Eye Meditation Benefits”, above.
What do you see when your third eye opens?
Essentially, when you open the third eye you see your insight and intuition. You are able to see the deeper thoughts in your mind, and you gain more connection to your spiritual self.
What is the fastest way to open your third eye?
The fastest way to open your third eye is with meditation, specifically Ajna Chakra meditation or full Chakra Dhyana. Other ways include using gemstones, recording your dreams, and any method of deep relaxation.
Can opening your third eye be dangerous?
There are some stories that some Ajna chakra techniques can cause headaches, especially when you use the Shambhavi Mudra. For this reason, it is important to go slowly. This does not mean that you should not do it. The benefits of Third Eye meditation outweigh its cons. But do proceed cautiously.
Does meditation open your third eye?
There are specific techniques that can be used to activate the Ajna chakra. Methods include mantras, mudras and visualizations. See the Ajna Meditation script above for more.
What happens if the third eye opens?
When the Ajna chakra opens, we gain access to certain psychic powers that many consider to be supernormal. They include heightened insight and intuition, and the development of psychic abilities, including clairvoyance.
What blocks the third eye chakra?
Many things block the third eye. The most common are mental health problems, such as stress and anxiety. Fatigue can also stop the third eye opening. The best solution to these problems is to meditate on the Ajna chakra.
Does everyone have a third eye?
All human beings and most animals have a third eye. However, in humans, this is not a literal “eye”. Instead, it is a symbolic spiritual element. There is limited scientific evidence to substantiate the existence of the third eye.
What are the signs that your third eye is open?
Signs include heightened insight and intuition, along with certain psychic powers and an ability to perceive things beyond the material world.