Kundalini yoga is one of the most spiritual types of yoga (Read: 13 types of yoga)
Unlike many other forms of yoga, Kundalini makes use of mantras.
Mantras are spoken words or phrases that have health benefits for the mind or body.
Kundalini mantras are similar to Hindu and Buddhist mantras, but with a slightly different feel. They are usually very musical and in my experience they are more joyful than the mantras in other belief systems.
There are Kundalini mantras for all sorts of purposes, including mantras for health, spiritual development, and happiness.
The following are some of the most powerful Kundalini mantras.
- New to mantras? Read my Ultimate Guide To Mantras
This playlist contains lots of the best Kundalini mantras
1. Kundalini Yoga Mantras for Change | Sa Ta Na Ma
Sa Ta Na Ma is the most important kundalini yoga mantra for change.
Sa Ta Na Ma translates to “Existence, Life, Dead, Rebirth”.
The Sa Ta Na Ma mantra for change grants certain benefits:
- increases intuitive abilities
- removes negative thoughts and emotions
- promotes positive emotions
- builds focus
- grants peace
How to use the Sa Ta Na Ma mantra for change
The Sa Ta Na Ma mantra for change uses a combination of sound mantras and hand positions. You can learn about these hand positions in my guide to mudras.
Give it a try:
- Sit with your legs crossed (or, if you’re not able to do so, just sit comfortably with good posture)
- Make sure you spine is straight and hold your wrists on your knees with your palms upwards
- Close your eyes but turn them upwards so you’re looking at your forehead (but with your eyes closed). Release your eyes whenever they feel uncomfortable
- Now, you’re going to chant “Sa Ta Na Ma” but with specific hand positions as follows.
- On “Sa” put your index finger and thumb togethre
- On “Ta” your third finger + thumb
- “Na” = 4th finger + thumb
- “Ma” =littler finger + thumb
- While doing this, imagine the sounds of S T N and M entering your forehead (crown chakra) while the “A” part of the chant has the energy leaving the forehead. Keep this going while chanting.
- Continue for five minutes.
This mantra will bring change to your life.
This is also one of the best mantras for sleep.
2. Kundalni Yoga Mantra For Protection
- I’ve written a complete guide to using mantras for protection.
It is said that this Kundalini Yoga mantra will create protective light around the magnetic field, thus protection the practitioner.
The mantra for protection is: AAD GURAY NAMEH
Repeat the mantra three times for yourself, then three times for your kids, house and pets. This will protect each of these things.
(This is in my kundalini mantras playlist above)
Kundalini Yoga Mantra For Creativity
Yoga is a powerful way of boosting your creativity (here’s a guide to Yoga For Writers)
Yoga gets you in flow mode.
You most likely have experience this state of flow before. You felt it when you were completely free and liberated.
Flow feels like your spirit is soaring on the wind like an eagle.
When we are in this state we are infinitely creative.
But often, there’s a block.
You most likely have experienced times of block, when you felt unable to create, unable to let go, to open up and to flow.
The Kundalini Yoga mantra for creativity, which I’ve shared below, will remove blockages so you can enjoy sheer flow, the state in which you will find infinite creativity.
The mantra is:”Har Haray Hari Wahe Guru”
How To Use This Mantra
- Sit somewhere peaceful and quiet
- Let go and unwind
- Take 50 deep breaths to relax
- Begin to chant “Har Haray Hari Wahe Guru” (see the video below for the musical intonations)
- Recite the mantra 108 times
- Express gratitude for the mantra.
- Achieve your most creative state by using my meditations for creativity.
What the mantra means:
- “Har” is the root potential of creativity
- ” Haray” is flow
- “Hari” is creative force
- “Waheguru” is joy.
All in all this mantra means that we recognise the base energy of creativity, this turns to the state of creative flow, with this state we create, and the creativity makes us joyful.
Listen to this one in my kundalini mantras playlist above.
4. Ra Ma Sa Da Mantra For Healing
The Ra Ma Sa Da mantra for healing is said to help with overcoming illness, pain and suffering.
Illness can cause significant problems not just for your health but for other areas of life too, for relationships, work and overall happiness. What we need, then, is not some simple cure to remove our condition, but a lasting sense of healing that repairs us physically and mentally.
Thankfully, Kundalini Yoga offers us a powerful means of repairing ourselves. It is the Ra Ma Da Sa mantra for healing.
The Ra Ma Da Sa mantra puts us in tune with the healing vibrations of the universe. It brings us back into balance and into flow, promoting new energy while removing negative energy.
Ra Ma Sa Da Mantra English Translation
The words of the mantra are Ra Ma Da Sa Sa Say So Hung.
- Ra: Sun and energy
- Ma: Moon and receptivity
- Da: Earth and grounding
- Sa: Infinity, rising energy
- Sa: Receiving energy
- Say: Personal name for God
- So: The merging of vibration
- hung: The infinite essence of creation
You can listen to this one in my kundalini mantras playlist above.
There are many powerful Kundalini yoga mantras that can be used for all areas of life.
The 4 mantras we’ve looked at are some of the most powerful and most important. You might also like to try using the So Hum Meditation.
Leave a comment and remember to subscribe to our newsletter.