In this guide, you will discover the most powerful Kundalini mantras for creativity, change, healing, protection, and more.
Kundalini yoga  is one of the most spiritual types of yoga (Read: 13 types of yoga) Unlike many other forms of yoga, Kundalini makes use of mantras. Mantras are spoken words or phrases that have health benefits for the mind or body.
Kundalini mantras are similar to Hindu and Buddhist mantras, but with a slightly different feel. They are usually very musical, and in my experience, they are more joyful than the mantras in other belief systems.
There are Kundalini mantras for all sorts of purposes, including mantras for health, spiritual development, creativity, and happiness.
The following are some of the most powerful Kundalini mantras.
- New to mantras? Read my Ultimate Guide To Mantras
1: Powerful Kundalini Mantra For Creativity
There is one very powerful Kundalini mantra for creativity (here’s a guide to Yoga For Writers)
Yoga gets you in flow mode.
You most likely have experienced this state of flow before. You felt it when you were completely free and liberated.
Flow feels like your spirit is soaring on the wind like an eagle. It is a state in which we are very relaxed but also productive and creative, the same sort of feeling you experience after a deep meditation when you feel like everything is easy.
When we are in this state, we are infinitely creative.
But often, there’s a block.
You most likely have experienced times of block, when you felt unable to create, unable to let go, to open up and to flow.
The Kundalini Yoga mantra for creativity below will remove blockages so you can enjoy flow, the state in which you will find infinite creativity.
The kundalini mantra for creativity is:”Har Haray Hari Wahe Guru”
- Sit somewhere peaceful and quiet
- Let go and unwind
- Take 50 deep breaths to relax
- Begin to chant “Har Haray Hari Wahe Guru” (see the video below for the musical intonations)
- Recite the mantra 108 times
- Express gratitude for the mantra.
- Achieve your most creative state by using my meditations for creativity.
- “Har” is the root potential of creativity
- ” Haray” is flow
- “Hari” is a creative force
- “Waheguru” is joy.
All in all, this mantra means that we recognise the base energy of creativity, this turns to the state of creative flow. With this state, we create, and the creativity makes us joyful.
Listen to this one in my kundalini mantras playlist below.
2: Powerful Kundalini Yoga Mantra for Change | Sa Ta Na Ma
Sa Ta Na Ma is the most crucial kundalini yoga mantra for change.
Sa Ta Na Ma translates to “Existence, Life, Dead, Rebirth”.
The Sa Ta Na Ma mantra for change grants certain benefits:
- increases intuitive abilities
- removes negative thoughts and emotions
- promotes positive emotions
- builds focus
- grants peace
The Sa Ta Na Ma mantra for change uses a combination of sound mantras and hand positions. You can learn about these hand positions in my guide to mudras.
Give it a try:
- Sit with your legs crossed (or, if you’re not able to do so, just sit comfortably with good posture)
- Make sure your spine is straight
- Hold your wrists on your knees with your palms upwards
- Close your eyes but turn them upwards, so you’re looking at your forehead (but with your eyes closed). Release your eyes whenever they feel uncomfortable
- Now, you’re going to chant “Sa Ta Na Ma” but with specific hand positions as follows.
- On “Sa” put your index finger and thumb together
- On “Ta” your third finger + thumb
- “Na” = 4th finger + thumb
- “Ma” =littler finger + thumb
- While doing this, imagine the sounds of S T N and M entering your forehead (crown chakra) while the “A” part of the chant has the energy leaving the forehead. Keep this going while chanting.
- Continue for five minutes.
This mantra will bring change to your life and it is also one of the best mantras for sleep.
3: Kundalini Yoga Mantra For Protection
- I’ve written a complete guide to using mantras for protection.
This is a pow Kundalini Yoga mantra that will create protective light around the magnetic field, thus protecting you.
The mantra for protection is: AAD GURAY NAMEH
Repeat the mantra three times for yourself, then three times for your kids, house and pets. This will protect each of these things.
(This is in my kundalini mantras playlist above)
4. Kundalini Mantra For Healing
The Ra Ma Sa Da mantra for healing is said to help with overcoming illness, pain and suffering.
Disease can cause significant problems not just for your health but for other areas of life too, for relationships, work and overall happiness. What we need, then, is not some simple cure to remove our condition, but a lasting sense of healing that repairs us physically and mentally.
Thankfully, there are Kundalini Yoga mantras for healing, and the most powerful one is Ra Ma Da Sa.
The Ra Ma Da Sa mantra puts us in tune with the healing vibrations of the universe. It brings us back into balance and into the flow, promoting new energy while removing negative energy.
The words of the mantra are Ra Ma Da Sa Sa Say So Hung.
- Ra: Sun and energy
- Ma: Moon and receptivity
- Da: Earth and grounding
- Sa: Infinity, rising energy
- Sa: Receiving energy
- Say: Personal name for God
- So: The merging of vibration
- hung: The infinite essence of creation
You can listen to this one in my kundalini mantras playlist below.
This playlist contains lots of the most powerful Kundalini mantras
Many powerful Kundalini yoga mantras can be used to enhance health and happiness.
The four mantras we’ve looked at are some of the most powerful and most important. You might also like to try using So Hum Meditation.
Leave a comment and remember to subscribe to our newsletter.