There are many meditations couples can use for intimacy. These wonderful meditations help couples to connect spiritually and to experience pleasure and love on a deeper level.
Lots of people are in loving relationship.
But there’s a world of difference between a loving relationship and a spiritual relationship.
In a spiritual relationship it feels like you are one with the other person. It’s like you are connected at the soul-level, like you are twin flames.
When you’re in that kind of a relationship you know that your love will last forever and that nothing could ever stop it.
There are many techniques spiritual couples use for intimacy. Below is a sample. I’ve included all the best of them in my new book 30 Secrets To Spiritual Love .
Couples Use Meditation To Connect Spiritually
One technique that both spiritual singles and spiritual couples use is meditations for true love.
Are you in a spiritual relationship? Or just another same-old relationship?
A spiritual relationship is a relationship which facilitates the spiritual growth of both individuals.
Divine love is built on the sacred foundations of honesty, compassion, understanding, and genuine love.
Don’t worry if you’re not there yet, you can always use some meditations for true love, just read the link above.
A spiritual relationship need not be perfect either. No relationship is ever perfect. There are ups and downs on our journey, in love as in life. That is simply the way of things. A spiritual relationship understands and accepts these ups and downs as a sacred step on the journey.
A spiritual relationship gets deeper and deeper as both individuals grow together as one.
It is creation.
When living with divine love we are growing as the tree that is nourished with the water of pure love.
Feelings are also essential to a spiritual relationship. The way you feel when in the presence of the other person says a great deal about your connection. There should be joy and happiness, but above all, compassion.
And above all, there should be a sense of oneness, both in moments of intimacy and throughout the relationship at large.
In fact, this kind of intimacy and oneness is a large part of the very definition of love.
Sexual Therapists Recommend Mindfulness For Sexual Dysfunction
Mindfulness helps with sexual dysfunction and also massively boosts your sexual confidence.
In 2008 the Massachusetts General Hospital researched 31,000 women  and found that:
- 42 percent of women have sexual problems
- 39 percent of women have low sexual desire
- 26 percent of women has low arousal levels
While there are many physical factors that can lead to sexual dysfunction, researchers have found that the primary cause of sexual problems in women is psychological.
Lori Brotto, professor of gynecology at the University of British Columbia has found the following to be the main causes of sexual dysfunction:
- interpersonal relationships
- general wellbeing
- physiological factors
In 2008 Brotto researched the effects of mindfulness on the sexual desire of cancer survivors. Brotto found that by practicing breathing meditations and cognitive behavioral therapy, the women significantly improved their sexual functioning. Mindfulness was found to be more effective compared to alternative treatments.
You can also improve sexual function with the Vajroli mudra.
The Best Couples Meditations For Iintimacy
There are many meditation techniques couples can use for intimacy.
Some of these meditations are physical. They are done while making love. And when you do you will feel as though you are melting in your lover’s arms.
Other meditation techniques are about spirituality and about love. These meditation techniques make you love absolutely everything about your lover, even those little weaknesses that annoy you sometimes. With these meditations you’ll come to love each other in a way that even you, with your heightened propensity for love, never dreamed imaginable.
So what are the best meditations for intimacy?
1. Mindful Touching
Often, when we touch we don’t really focus on the sense of touch.
We’re touching someone, but we’re barely conscious of it.
We have a million thoughts going through our head. We find it impossible to truly connect.
To go deeper, be mindful of touching.
When you touch someone, truly feel them.
Notice how they feel. Imagine that the feeling of their skin is everything. Meditate on it.
Close your eyes and allow yourself to focus on the sensations in your body when you touch your partner’s skin.
How does it feel?
How does it make you feel?
Meditate on the physical sensations.
2. Be aware of your fantasies and go with them
Whenever you ignore your desires or feelings you’re leading yourself to harm.
Buddha may have said “Desire is the root of all suffering” but that doesn’t mean you should ignore your desire.
When you ignore a part of yourself you simply push it down deeper.
By being mindful of your fantasies and by acting them out, you give yourself an opportunity to explore a new aspect of yourself and a new part of your relationship.
Take one night a week to allow yourself to live out your fantasies with your partner. You’ll find this deepens your relationship tremendously.
As a meditation teacher I’m often advising people to get in touch with their senses.
Be mindful of sight, scent, touch, taste and sound. This connects you to the present moment and gets you out of your own head.
Practice sensual mindfulness in the bedroom once a week.
Place some scented candles, play some romantic and relaxing music… create a divine sensual paradise. Then meditate on your senses and allow your senses to lead you towards intimacy.
4. Use This Egyptian Secret To Channel Sexual Energy Through Your Chakras
Did you know that The Ancient Egyptians believed that you could channel sexual energy through the chakras and thereby achieve eternal youth?
It’s a spiritual secret that’s been long buried.
But I’ve gone ahead and dug up all the secrets of spiritual sex.
31 major meditation techniques are in common use today. Many of them can be done as a couple.
If you don’t want to get naked together right now, practice traditional meditation techniques together.
Here’s a meditation for couples to try:
- Sit together holding hands, perhaps next to a lit candles for extra romance.
- Take five minutes to close your eyes and focus on your breathing.
- Open your eyes and focus on your partner.
- Touch them if you like, explore their body, but not in a lustful way, in a mindful and completely accepting way.
- Imagine you are seeing them for the first time and meditate on them.
- Take 108 breaths while you meditate on your husband / wife (boyfriend / girlfriend).
6. Meditation while making love:
Practicing mindfulness while making love will be an experience you won’t forget.
You don’t need to be in any specific position or anything like that. Simply make love while focusing all of your mind on the sensation of making love.
If you want to, you can take this to a karma sutra level by not climaxing and experiencing what it feels like to be “on the edge.”
Feel the sensations, the tingling in your body, and explore your sensations.
7. Oneness Meditation:
If you don’t want the experience to be physical you can make it about emotional intimacy instead.
- Sit comfortably together
- Take up a mala that you will both share
- Begin on the same bead of the male (so you are holding hands and touching the same bead)
- Begin to chant OM together (at the same speed)
- With each recitation move along one bead of the mala, one person going one way, the other person the other way. So by the second “Om” you will not be on the same bead.
- Listen to your own voice for 25 breaths
- Now listen to your husband / wife’s voice for 25 breaths
- Now focus on saying OM together
- Continue until you both arrive back at the same bead of the male (this should be on the 108th chant)
- Chant Om together one last time and truly feel the oneness between the two of you.
- You will feel a very deep connection
8. Naked meditation:
Couple can use this meditation for intimacy:
- Sit naked on the floor in lotus position
- Sit together and take 10 deep breaths to relax
- Explore your partner’s body while both are you are naked.
- Really feel their naked skin and be genuinely intimate with them.
- Feel their body, focusing on it 100%.
- If this leads to making love then allow it to, but make love mindfully, meditating on the other person.
With these meditations couples can feel intimacy on an all new level.
Remember, however, that mental health plays a significant role. For instance, there are ways to significantly improve a relationship if you happen to love someone with anxiety.
Leave a comment.