8 Couples Meditation Techniques For Sexual Intimacy And Love
Meditating as a couple is one of the best ways to strengthen your relationship and to enhance pleasure.
Not only can meditation be used to attract love into your life, but it can be used to enhance relationships too.
There are many meditations couples can use. These couples meditation techniques can:
- Help you regain sexual confidence
- Boost intimacy
- Increase pleasure
- Strengthen your bond
- Make your relationship last longer
- And even help you to develop a psychic connection with each other.
Plus, meditation actually makes people both more attractive and more appreciative of another person’s beauty. [Read our article on why meditation makes you sexier for more on this]
So, how do you do meditation as a couple?
Let’s take a look.
The Best Couples Meditation Techniques For Sexual Intimacy And Love
Meditation can do wonders for couples.
Indeed, meditation is one of the best healthy ways to strengthen a relationship.
Try these couples meditation techniques. Trust me, you’re going to love them.
1. Mindful Touching—Couples Meditation Technique For Sexual Intimacy
Often, when we touch we don’t really focus on the sense of touch.
We’re touching someone, but we’re barely conscious of it.
We have a million thoughts going through our head. We find it impossible to truly connect.
Here’s how to do a naked meditation for couples for sexual intimacy:
Set the room so it’s romantic
Sit together in the middle of the room
Take 10 mindful breaths to relax
Hold hands and meditate on the sensation.
Be mindful of the sensation of oneness
Notice how they feel. Imagine that the feeling of their skin is everything. Meditate on it.
Move around their body, meditating on them.
Move around the body in this order:
- Back down the face to the chest
- Lower legs
- Back up the legs
- Sexual organs
Meditate at each stage. You will now feel close to them, physically, than ever before.
2. Couples Meditation Technique On Sexual Fantasies
Whenever you ignore your desires or feelings you’re leading yourself to harm.
Buddha may have said “Desire is the root of all suffering” but that doesn’t mean you should ignore your desire.
When you ignore a part of yourself you simply push it down deeper.
By being mindful of your fantasies and by acting them out, you give yourself an opportunity to explore a new aspect of yourself and a new part of your relationship.
Take one night a week to allow yourself to live out your fantasies with your partner. You’ll find this deepens your relationship tremendously.
3. Couples meditation technique for sensuality
As a meditation teacher I’m often advising people to get in touch with their senses.
Be mindful of sight, scent, touch, taste and sound. This connects you to the present moment and gets you out of your own head.
Practice sensual mindfulness in the bedroom once a week.
Place some scented candles, play some romantic and relaxing music… create a divine sensual paradise. Then meditate on your senses and allow your senses to lead you towards intimacy.
4. Use This Egyptian Secret To Channel Sexual Energy Through Your Chakras
Did you know that The Ancient Egyptians believed that you could channel sexual energy through the chakras and thereby achieve eternal youth?
Read my guide to chakras for more on this.
To do the technique, read SpirituOfMaat’s guide.
5. Basic couples meditation techniques
31 major meditation techniques are in common use today. Many of them can be done as a couple.
If you don’t want to get naked together right now, practice traditional meditation techniques together.
Here’s a meditation for couples to try:
- Sit together holding hands, perhaps next to a lit candles for extra romance.
- Take five minutes to close your eyes and focus on your breathing.
- Open your eyes and focus on your partner.
- Touch them if you like, explore their body, but not in a lustful way, in a mindful and completely accepting way.
- Imagine you are seeing them for the first time and meditate on them.
- Take 108 breaths while you meditate on your husband / wife (boyfriend / girlfriend).
6. Couples meditation while making love:
Practicing mindfulness while making love will be an experience you won’t forget.
You don’t need to be in any specific position or anything like that. Simply make love while focusing all of your mind on the sensation of making love.
If you want to, you can take this to a karma sutra level by not climaxing and experiencing what it feels like to be “on the edge.”
Feel the sensations, the tingling in your body, and explore your sensations.
7. Couple meditation on oneness:
If you don’t want the experience to be physical you can make it about emotional intimacy instead.
- Sit comfortably together
- Take up a mala that you will both share
- Begin on the same bead of the male (so you are holding hands and touching the same bead)
- Begin to chant OM together (at the same speed)
- With each recitation move along one bead of the mala, one person going one way, the other person the other way. So by the second “Om” you will not be on the same bead.
- Listen to your own voice for 25 breaths
- Now listen to your husband / wife’s voice for 25 breaths
- Now focus on saying OM together
- Continue until you both arrive back at the same bead of the male (this should be on the 108th chant)
- Chant Om together one last time and truly feel the oneness between the two of you.
- You will feel a very deep connection
8. Naked meditation:
Couple can use this meditation for intimacy:
- Sit naked on the floor in lotus position
- Sit together and take 10 deep breaths to relax
- Explore your partner’s body while both are you are naked.
- Really feel their naked skin and be genuinely intimate with them.
- Feel their body, focusing on it 100%.
- If this leads to making love then allow it to, but make love mindfully, meditating on the other person.
With these meditations couples can feel intimacy on an all new level.
Remember, however, that mental health plays a significant role. For instance, there are ways to significantly improve a relationship if you happen to love someone with anxiety.
Sexual Therapists Recommend Mindfulness For Sexual Dysfunction
Mindfulness helps with sexual dysfunction and also massively boosts your sexual confidence.
In 2008 the Massachusetts General Hospital researched 31,000 women  and found that:
- 42 percent of women have sexual problems
- 39 percent of women have low sexual desire
- 26 percent of women has low arousal levels
While there are many physical factors that can lead to sexual dysfunction, researchers have found that the primary cause of sexual problems in women is psychological.
Lori Brotto, professor of gynecology at the University of British Columbia has found the following to be the main causes of sexual dysfunction:
- interpersonal relationships
- general wellbeing
- physiological factors
In 2008 Brotto researched the effects of mindfulness on the sexual desire of cancer survivors. Brotto found that by practicing breathing meditations and cognitive behavioral therapy, the women significantly improved their sexual functioning. Mindfulness was found to be more effective compared to alternative treatments.
You can also improve sexual function with the Vajroli mudra.
Couples Meditation Techniques Are About Creating Sexual Intimacy In A Loving Way
When you practice couples meditation techniques, the aim should be for loving intimacy.
You might secretly wonder: Are you in a spiritual relationship? Or just another same-old relationship? How would you know?
A spiritual relationship is a relationship which facilitates the spiritual growth of both individuals.
Divine love is built on the sacred foundations of honesty, compassion, understanding, and genuine love.
Don’t worry if you’re not there yet, you can always use some meditations for true love, just read the link above.
A spiritual relationship need not be perfect either. No relationship is ever perfect. There are ups and downs on our journey, in love as in life. That is simply the way of things. A spiritual relationship understands and accepts these ups and downs as a sacred step on the journey.
A spiritual relationship gets deeper and deeper as both individuals grow together as one.
It is creation.
When living with divine love we are growing as the tree that is nourished with the water of pure love.
Feelings are also essential to a spiritual relationship. The way you feel when in the presence of the other person says a great deal about your connection. There should be joy and happiness, but above all, compassion.
And above all, there should be a sense of oneness, both in moments of intimacy and throughout the relationship at large.
In fact, this kind of intimacy and oneness is a large part of the very definition of love.
What is a spiritual relationship?
In a spiritual relationship it feels like you are one with the other person. It’s like you are connected at the soul-level, like you are twin flames.
When you’re in that kind of a relationship you know that your love will last forever and that nothing could ever stop it.
While 50% of marriages end with a divorce lawyer  and the average relationship lasts for only two years , you know that your relationship will endure always.
There are many couples meditation techniques can use for sexual intimacy. Below is a sample. I’ve included all the best of them in my new book 30 Secrets To Spiritual Love .
Leave a comment and remember to subscribe to our newsletter.