“Tse”, “Ushas”, and “Hakini” mudra are three seriously powerful mudras for your mind. They help with intelligence, depression, mood, anxiety, memory, concentration, and other aspects of your brain.
Mudras like the Tse mudra, Hakini mudra, and Usahs mudra can make a big difference in your life. These mudras, which come from yoga and Hinduism, can stop stress, anxiety and depression, give you more energy, and lift your mood.
Now let’s take a look at some of the best mudras for the mind.
Hakini Mudra For Memory And Concentration
Looking for the best mudra for memory and concentration? Hakini mudra is number one.
The Hakini mudra gets its name from Sanskrit.
- Hakini means “rule” or “power”.
- Mudra means “seal” or “gesture”.
- Therefore: Hakini mudrs mean “Power gesture”.
The power that the hakini mudra refers to is the power of the mind. When we practice the Hakini mudras we boost our mind power.
The Hakini Mudra is one of the most easy yoga mudras to use. Simply follow these steps:
- Face your palms towards each other, holding your hands up in front of you like you would in prayer. There should be a slight space between the fingers.
- Turn all the fingertips of both hands so they touch the fingertips of the other hand.
- Focus your gaze towards your Thid Eye Chakra
- Inhale and move your tongue so that it is touching the roof of your mouth
- Continue for ten minutes.
Hakini Mudra Benefits
The Hakini Mudra’s benefits include the following:
- Enhances memory
- Improve concentration
- Heightens the coordination between the two hemispheres of the brain
- Promotes calmness
- Promotes clarity of perception and thinking
Ushas Mudra (Benefits: energy, happiness)
The Ushas mudra is a simple mudra is a yoga mudra that energises you. I recommend you use this one when you feel tired, and when you want to be productive.
As I mentioned, the Ushas mudra is a very simple mudra. In fact, there are only three steps to doing it.
- Clasp your fingers so your right thumb is above the left.
- The right thumb should be pushing on the left thumb gently
- Women should adjust the position ever so slightly so that the right thumb is between the left thumb and index finger.
- Hold this position for 15 minutes.
The photo of me above shows the correct hand position for the Ushas mudra.
Ushas Mudra Benefits
The Ushas mudra benefits you by opening your chakras.
The Ushas mudra benefits you because it raises the energy levels in the second chakra, the sacral chakra. This is the chakra for creativity and sexuality. This energy is essenaiyl for happiness and mental alertness. It gives you that “get up and go” attitude.
When you use the Ushas mudra, chakra Svadhisthana opens and releases its energy. This wakes you up, harmonises your hormonal system, refreshes you, and makes you more alert.
So, the main benefit of ushas mudra is that it energises and invigorates you.
Because of the effect of Ushas mudra on the chakras, you will find that it boosts your energy levels and stops you feeling tired. So you might like to use it in the morning.
Wake up, put your hands behind your head in the Ushas mudra, and stay there for ten minutes while breathing deeply and meditating on your breathing.
There are several ways to make the Ushas mudra more effective.
1. While using the Ushas mudra, inhale deeply and welcome fresh energy into your body. This will make the mudra even more energising.
2. Try this visualisation.
While doing the steps above, use this visualisation:
- Visualise yourself lying down under a rising sun.
- Imagine the golden sun rays caressing your body and warming you.
- Imagine that you are beginning to awaken.
- Feel the energy of the sun passing through your body, invigorating you.
- Breathe in that energy and let it course through your body.
- Recite the affirmation “I am full of energy and life”. Recite this affirmation 108 times.
The ushas mudra will boost your energy when you’re feeling lethargic.
Tse Mudra For Depression
The Tse mudra is one of the best mudras for depression and stress.
Science has proven that hand positions can have a big impact on mental health.
The hands act as a mirror for the body and for the mind. Specific coordination of the hands and fingers leads to activation of specific regions of the brain . Therefore, by holding our hands and fingers in the correct position we can eliminate stress and depression.
The best hand mudra for depression is the Tse mudra. This hand position reactives the areas of the brain corresponding to happiness. In doing so it naturally cures depression.
We asked neuroscientist Donald Roland to explain precisely how mudras work.
“The fingertips are associated with different parts of the brain,” says Roland. “Some areas of the brain control mood and emotion, so by using mudras that activate those areas you can help to control mood, stress and depression.”
So, what is the best hand mudra for depression?
“The Tse hand mudra is a great place to start,” says Roland. “The Tse mudra is a Taoist method practiced by monks. It affects the water element in the body, increases magnetism, develops mental ability, and sharpens intuition.”
How to do the Tse Mudra for Depression
- Sit in a relaxed position and focus your mind on your breathing or a few moments to relax.
- Look at the palm of your hands. Now, while looking at the palm, make your thumb touch the area at the base of the inside of the little finger of the same hand.
- Make a fist by rolling the four fingers of your hand over your thumb. Now focus your mind on your breath coming and going through your nose.
- While holding this position and focussing on your breathing repeat the sound Om. Pay attention to the sensation of the sound. Try to do seven Oms in one breath.
- Exhale and push your belly button towards the spine. Now open your hand and imagine the feeling of depression fading.
- Repeat this process for ten minutes.
The best mudras to try alongside this one are:
These two can massively help with stress, depression and anxiety and can promote calm and happiness.
These mudras heal the mind and help to lift the mood. [You might also like to practice these Mind Training Techniques]
These Hindu and yoga mudra reduce the risk of depression, anxiety and stress, and also helps with blood pressure.
Use them once a week each for best results.
Leave a comment and remember to subscribe to our newsletter.