There are hundreds of thousands of spiritual blogs online.
Meditation blogs. Yoga blogs. Mindfulness blogs. You name it.
Spiritual bloggers are some of the most important people on the internet. Every day they’re creating inspiring content that connects people to their deeper, spiritual selves.
Creating This Spiritual Blog List
I know firsthand from the countless hours I’ve poured into TheDailyMeditation.com, that creating a great spiritual blog takes time and dedication. That’s why I’ve created this list: a list of the absolute best spiritual blogs. It’s a way to say thank you to my fellow bloggers.
Now for the painful bit:
Before I get into my list of the best spiritual blogs, I have to apologise to some people.
Because of course, not everyone can make it onto my list. That would make it redundant. Some friends and colleagues are not on the list. Ouch. Sorry. I’ll buy you guys a smoothie to say sorry.
But heck, when you’re asked to create a list of the absolute best spiritual blogs, inevitably a few people are going to be left out. And even though there are (for instance) 100 yoga blogs below, that like, what, one billionth of the actual number of yoga blogs in the world.
Sorry if I couldn’t include you in this list.
Now then, in creating this list I’ve included spiritual blogs that I personally read, and a ton of mindfulness and meditation blogs that I always share on The Daily Meditation’s Facebook Page.
As you know, I really don’t follow the regular “Trending” / “Pop” articles (I’m less Real Housewives, more Thich Naht Hanh)–I like to promote deeper stories that make you think.
That’s why I write articles like:
I prefer my spiritual blogs to be deep, like my meditations. So with that in mind, all the spiritual blogs I’m about to tout are deep, intellectual, and take spirituality seriously.
Speaking of which, read our guide to the actual definition of spirituality for a little clarification of what we consider spiritual (because there are lots of different interpretations of that word).
The mindfulness, meditation and yoga blogs I’m about to share have done wonderful work. Reading them is like taking a masters degree in spiritual psychology, they are that deep. They’ve covered everything from spiritual healing to reviewing the best psychics, to offering online counselling. And along the way they have shared some amazing stories about their lives. So I really do hope you enjoy them.
In the list I’ve put the blog name, link, and a little excerpt because I wanted to share how good some of these spiritual online writers are.
Let’s take a look.
And even if we somehow missed your blog in our list, you can still show the “Proud To Be A Spiritual Blogger Badge!” .
The Worst Spiritual Blogs (The Thieves You Follow On Facebook)
Time for a painful eye-opener. Most readers will not know this. But there are a LOT of “spiritual blogs” out there that steal other people’s content (they are content scrapers). And some of these spiritual blogs have hundreds of thousands of Facebook followers because people do not know that they steal all their content.
Do you follow spiritual blogs on Facebook? Do they have hundreds of thousands of LIKES? Do they post new content every few hours or even faster? Bad news: They probably stole that content.
There are a LOT of blogs that do this. I have personally had hundreds of blog posts that have been stolen and published on other sites without permission.
That’s why I highly recommend that everyone do the following:
- Take a look at the spiritual blogs (or mindfulness / meditation / yoga blogs) you follow
- Is there a “Originally posted on” message at the bottom of the article? Does it point to another site? If so guess what? The person who posted that article probably did it without permission. In other words, they stole it.
- If there is no “originally posted on ” message, go to the next step.
- Copy and paste some of their content into Google (literally just copy the text and paste it right into the search).
- Does someone else’s post come up top on Google? If so it is probably the original poster.
- To be a superhero, reach out to the original blogger and tell them someone has copied their content.
- Unfollow the blog that stole the content.
- Follow the blog that actually created the content.
- To answer a common question: Yes, Facebook know that they are supporting people who steal content. No, they do not care. Yes, that is scummy.
I will be very happy to answer any questions you guys have about this. Just leave a comment.
Now on with the best spiritual blogs.
Best Spiritual Blogs
The Mindful World
The first thing that caught my eye about The Mindful World is just how beautiful their site design is. This is one good looking mindfulness blog.
It takes more than just good looks to be included in this list of the best spiritual blogs, though. And, indeed, The Mindful World has a lot of depth behind that pretty exterior.
The Mindful World is a group of individuals who are passionate about spreading mindfulness around the world. Their articles are very in-depth and some of the most professionally written pieces on any spiritual website.
Excerpt from CONFRONTING REALITY: The lie of Evidence-Based Treatment and how it affects psychological therapy for abused children
“The scientific process is supposed to be the golden standard for the pursuit of knowledge and truth. When asked to think of a scientist, many people will imagine a somewhat “nerdish” individual who’s often more comfortable with numbers than people.
We imagine these scientists as being wholly dedicated to their research and unwavering in their pursuit of the truth. The idea that many published scientists are heavily influenced by politics, that scientific journals often compromise their standards for publications, and that many universities look the other way to secure federal funding, often comes as a shock to most people.”
Change Your Energy
Change Your Energy is a spiritual healing blog. It reads like a self improvement blog, packed full of excellent advice on articles on all manner of self development topics. Every article is full of spiritual guidance and offers inspiration for developing your spiritual life. Change Your Energy is is also one of the most professionally presented spiritual blogs.
My favourite excerpt : From the article “Sing As If Speaking, Dance As If Walking”
“Do you pick up your smartphone, look for people to chat with, or go to the TV or Internet because time alone is lonely, strange, or difficult? You can be a wonderful friend to yourself, incomparably better than any person or any machine.
Here is a suggestion for enjoying spending time with yourself: Sing and dance for 30 minutes every day. Try to sing as if speaking and to dance as if walking.
Enjoy being immersed in yourself, regardless of what other people think. The time you enjoy spending with yourself is time for changing your energy and for accumulating energy. You can encounter your soul as you sing and dance.”
Mom On A Spiritual Journey:
Mom on a Spiritual Journey is the blog of Sarah Lawrence Hinson. Sarah gives spiritual coaching sessions and writes articles about both her personal life and about spiritual energy.
My favourite excerpt:
From “6 tips for driving your car as a spiritual practice”
“MAKE YOUR CAR A NO PHONE ZONE LIKE OPRAH SAYS. I’ll be the first to admit that I am useless at using a phone and driving, in fact I’m a downright danger so don’t do it at all. Just because you might be better than me doesn’t mean you should do it too though. If the phone rings and I am alone, I pull over if I know I’m waiting for an important call. If you work a lot on your phone, get hands free…it’s not the greatest idea but it could save your life. If I have the girls in the car then they answer the phone for me. When it’s their turn to learn to drive, texting and driving will not be acceptable because I DON’T DO IT!” Continue Reading
Spiritual Awakening Process:
Spiritual Awakening Process discusses many aspects of spirituality and offers practical advice to improve your spiritual life. The best part of Spiritual Awakening Process is the one hour sessions that can be booked and which offer help for you on your spiritual journey. Definitely a great spiritual blog.
LINK: SPIRITUAL AWAKENING
Favourite Except: From “Awakening”
“Life inside the awakening is a whole other beast. Many people focus on the singular point of awakening, that amazing “Ah-ha!” moment. However, while that is a critical piece of the awakening process, so is the transition from sleep-mode to every moment awakeness. The awakening ushers in a time of transition that is unsettled, unstable, and unique. It is a time of embracing new and amazing parts of you and then trying to crawl right back into bed. It is a time of expansion and contraction as you grow and then shrink back to the core issues that are still unresolved and holding you back.” Continue Reading…
Not Strictly Spiritual:
Not Strictly Spiritual is a spiritual blog all about finding spirituality in everyday reality. On the site, catholic blogger and author Mary DeTorris Poust talks about how faith helps us out with everyday life. Poust talks about her own experiences in using faith to overcome self image issues and eating issues. Her articles are full of wisdom certain to enlighten readers.
Favourite Excerpt: From “A perfectly timed novena. St. Catherine, pray for us.”
I woke up this morning and noticed a link to a Novena to St. Catherine of Siena in my Facebook feed. I will admit that I am not one to pray novenas often. Okay, almost never. But this one caught my attention. St. Catherine of Siena has a special place in my heart. I consider her one of my patron saints since my middle name is Kathleen. To top it off, her feast day, April 29, is my wedding anniversary. So there’s that, but there’s oh so much more than the name and date connections. Catherine was such a strong Catholic woman, one who was not only powerful and fearless in her love of God but powerful and fearless in her love for the Church. A mystic, a counselor to popes, a stigmatic, a Doctor of the Church. What’s not to love? Especially if you are a modern Catholic woman looking for a strong spiritual role model. CONTINUE READING
Tiny Buddha is an absolutely wonderful spiritual blog that is mostly a mindfulness blog. It matches cuteness and fun with insight and wisdom. It’s also got more Facebook followers than anyone else on this list, partly because it was a pioneer of the whole spiritual blogging movement.
Excerpt from : Boost Your Happiness: 10 Mindfulness Tips for Busy People
“Do you ever feel as though you would be happy if only things were a little different?
You know that happiness is important, but you keep putting it on the backburner because there simply isn’t enough time to prioritize your own inner joy.
And at the same time, you know that meditation would help, but you can’t even imagine where you’re going to get the spare time you need to sit still and meditate.
In an ideal world, we would schedule moments every day in which to cater to our health needs, because health and well-being are paramount. Yet despite our best efforts we will inevitably face those times when we’re busy every minute of the day. I know I’ve been there.”
Dream Builders Australia.
Liara Covert is the author of this blog. Liara has 481 pages of inspirational blog posts dating back to 2007 that help you to live your best life and to be your best self. There is no lack of guidance, wisdom, and knowledge on this blog.
Favourite Excerpt: EXPERIENCE MORE JOY”
“Feeling your way along implies trusting what the mind does not understand or would like to talk you out of doing. It is about noticing everything is connected, choosing steps or directions on your path based on what feels right and what you intuit is the right thing now.”
Spiritual Travels refers to itself as “Practical Advice for Spiritual Journeys.” On the site you’ll find reviews of the latest spiritual books, which really go into depth about what makes the book good / bad. You’ll also find beautiful photography and articles on various spiritual and religious sites the author has visited. The depth and detail of the articles is truly impressive and the writing quality is one of the highest I have seen on a spiritual blog.
Favourite Excerpt: From “At Machu Picchu, Where the Veil is Thin”
“The ancient Celts of Ireland described holy sites as “thin places” where the veil between heaven and earth is transparent. In exploring spiritual destinations around the world, I’ve never come across a better description for why certain places simply feel different from other sites.” CONTINUE READING
Best Meditation Blogs
These meditation blogs are really helping people to start meditating. And I’m sure you will agree that that is a very important thing (especially give then most than 100 health benefits of meditation).
So, a big thank you to all my fellow meditation bloggers who are helping to get people meditating.
However, there are some meditation blogs that are so flipping good that they’ve made it into this top ten.
These are the meditation blogs that I could not live without out.
THE DAILY MEDITATION (obviously).
What Meditation Really Is
What Meditation Really Is is definitely one of the very best meditation blogs in the world. This is a very modern (and I want to say “cool”) blog that brings mindfulness into the modern age, matching science with practical guides to offer a complete overview of the importance of practice in today’s world.
Wildmind is one of the mindfulness blogs I personally read the most. Wildmind is packed full of easy to follow guides to all different kinds of techniques. Finding the right techniques for yourself is easy on Wildmind as the staff clearly explain what the benefits of different types of meditation. This is a great site for people new to meditation. One of the best spiritual blogs, period.
Mindfulness is only one part of the subject matter covered by SpeakingTree. On the site you’ll find guides and articles on all different kings of religions and spiritualities. All articles on the site are professionally written and very informative. I must admit I’ve learnt a lot from SpeakingTree myself!
Positive Meditation is another of the best meditation blogs. This one’s all about using techniques to live a positive and happy life. Written by Mark Dunn, a positivity coach, this blog is packed full of inspirational articles and guides to using techniques in everyday life.
Beyond the Mind
Beyond the Mind is a fascinating blog that matches scientific research with a poetic / artistic styling, adding quotes and more to create an inspiring and enlightening experience. This is also one of the most unique blogs on meditation.
What makes this one of the best meditation blogs in the design. I love the design of Mindful Balance; it’s big, bold and green, like one great big leaf. It’s a blog all about peace and mindfulness, which advocates and inspires a love of nature and a love of self. I believe this site is relatively new but I’m excited about its future. This is a great spiritual blog for people seeking peace.
Spirit Balance has a ton of personality that makes it one of the very best meditation blogs. You really get a sense of the writer’s personality when reading this blog, and it’s a very interesting personality at that. The blogger discusses his journeys to India and share many colourful Youtube videos too. This is probably the most unique blog in the world.
I’m going to admit to being a little bit biased in favor of Free Meditation as it’s the only blog located near my second home (which is Hamilton), being in Halton Ontario. That’s far from the only plus point of this site though. On this blog you get to discover what’s going on in the world of spirituality, with discussions of events and of books, DVDs and more. Where many blogs focus exclusively on techniques and How Tos, Free Meditation does a brilliant job of bringing to life the modern world of meditation.
The Meditative Gardner
The Meditative Gardner does precisely what is says on the tin: bringing mindfulness into garden chores. You only have to read the title of their latest article “Meditating with a Squirrel” to know what this is all about: nature, loving your garden and letting your garden and gardening lead you to mindfulness. Excellent meditation blog for mindfulness-enthusiasts. Anyone who loves gardening needs to read this spiritual blog.
Clear Empty Mind
I’m going to be completely open and honest and say that the site design of ClearEmptyMind is not my favourite (it’s somewhat cluttered). But once you get past that you find brilliant articles and videos that teach Buddhist philosophies and techniques and also discuss modern news stories from a Buddhist point of view. This meditation blog makes me feel more connected to Buddhism (which is difficult being stuck in a village in the middle of England with absolutely no connections to Buddhism whatsoever).
All these blogs are absolutely spectacular. they are the best meditation blogs in the world. We love them all! So I just want to say thanks to all my fellow meditation bloggers. You guys absolutely rock.
Best Zen Blogs
Looking for the best Zen blogs to compliment your time on our meditation course? We’ve handpicked the world’s best Zen blogs for you to sink your teeth into. Each of these Zen blogs has its own unique style and feel, so be sure to read each of them to find the ones you like best. Be sure to add these Zen blogs to your collection of spiritual blogs.
And if you love reading about Zen, take a look at these Zen sayings and proverbs. They’re soooo inspiring!
I’ve never found a Zen blog that made me feel more connected to the Zen way of life than Sweeping Zen. What makes the site so great are the frequent articles about various Zen sites from around the world. The authors discuss their experiences at Zen events and do an excellent job of documenting everything that is happening in the world of Zen. A must read!
Good Life Zen:
The blog of Mary Jaksch. Jaksch describes herself as being a person who is passionate about helping others to live happier lives. Her blog reveals this passion admirably. Here, you’ll find the best practical advice on how Zen attitudes and exercises can contribute to a happier, healthier and more positive life. A very well written Zen blog.
Be More With Less:
Be More With Less isn’t strictly a Zen blog though it does share much in common with the Zen mentality. This blog is all about slowing down and enjoying life. On Be More With Less you’ll find excellent practical advice on how to slow down and how to live the simple life. This is a highly relaxing read and is recommended for all. This is one of my very favorite spiritual blogs.
Zen-Mama makes excellent use of multimedia in order to inspire the Zen mentality in all of us. I was particularly impressed by her use of the award winning short film Validation . She also uses infographics and informative articles to reveal how you can live a happier life with Zen. This is a highly creative Zen blog for moms.
TheZenMom is the blog of Angela Chee, a TV host, writer, media coach and mother of 2. Angela Chee uses her blog to advocate the benefits of Zen in motherhood. She combines ancient wisdom with modern concerns to produce one of the most modern Zen blogs out there.
Finding Zen With Cancer:
Finding Zen With Cancer is the Zen blog of Linda, who, as she states in her opening paragraph, has had an up and down kinda life. Her life experience fuels her writing, making for enlightening and inspiring stories about Zen and about life in general. The best part of Finding Zen with Cancer is the personal touch that Linda puts into all her writing. Within a few minutes of reading you’ll likely feel like she’s a long lost friend. Great stuff! A truly memorable Zen blog that inspires positivity. Perhaps the most inspiring spiritual blog, period.
Best Yoga Blogs
We are proud to present TheDailyMeditation award for the world’s top yoga blogs. Has your site found its place in our list of yoga blogs? If so be sure to let your readers know the good news! (article shortlink: http://wp.me/p3fZC4-xZ )
Without further ado; the top 100 yoga blogs in the world.
The Top Yoga Blogs
- YogaMint.com – YogaMint is full of different yoga moves, recipes based on vegan and organic ingredients, and various meditations that will help you overcome stress. This is an excellent site for discovering how yoga to transform your life. Awesome yoga blog. Cute blog design too. One of the best spiritual blogs.
- The Householder Yogini: This blog is about using yoga in family life and is absolutely perfect for kids. It contains excellent articles and tips on how to get kids into yoga. A definite must-read for families interested in yoga blogs.
- My Yoga Blog: My Yoga Blog is full of reviews and tips on yoga, but my favourite part of this website is the personal flair that the writer puts into every article. Excellent.
- Spirit Voyage – SpiritVoyage is full of articles on how you can integrate yoga into your life. Articles cover subjects ranging from aromatherapy to herbalism. There’s also music, meditations and articles on yoga events. A great yoga blog for knowing what’s going on in the scene. If you’re looking for a spiritual blog to keep you connected, this is a great choice. One of the best spiritual blogs.
- DailyCupofYoga.com –DailyCupofYoga is a collaborative venture, with various guests posting from around the world. This yoga blog is full of the best tips, books, wisdom and all kinds of resources that will aid your self development through yoga. Highly recommended for everybody!
- AnacostiaYogi: This is the blog of yoga instructor Sariane Leigh, who teaches yoga movements in the African-American styles. There are lots of different yoga programs to get involved with.
- Starr Struck: This yoga blog goes into great depth and detail on specific yoga exercises. The photography is also excellent and there are fascinating interviews too.
- Thaisg.com: Here you’ll find some of the longest blog posts on yoga, all of which are full of valuable advice. There’s a newsletter too to help you to get fully involved with the yoga-way of life.
- YogaTwistOnLife: This bog is full of interesting and detailed thoughts on yoga. There’s also a ton of links to valuable resources to help you with your yoga.
- MyYogaOnline.com: This site is the best site for reviews and thoughts on the latest yoga products. Here you’ll find articles on yoga clothing, mats, games and more.
- Ripple of One Stone: This yoga blog is all about how to avoid being injured while you practice your yoga routines. An amazing feature of Ripple of One Stone is the anatomical analyses of yoga moves, which shows why they need to be done correctly.
- Semperviva: Another site with excellent advice on articles on all different subjects related to yoga and other health trends. Also contains excellent interviews. A great spiritual blog with lots of insight.
- YogaCurious: Curious about Yoga? You’ll find brilliant guides to yoga sequences and moves here. This is one of the best sites for learning yoga and also contains articles on how to improve your life through yoga.
- Yoga Lisa DC: Lisa’s Yoga blog combines two seemingly disparate subjects: yoga and knitting. The yoga is used to stay fit and for general wellbeing and stress relief.
- ItsAllAboutYoga.com: Everything on this site is about yoga, in case that wasn’t completely obvious by the title. It’s full of excellent thoughts on yoga from a yoga practitioners. There are also inspiring and motivating notes on various yoga exercises.
- Cowgirl Yoga: Yeehaw and Namaste! This Montana mamma talks about everything related to motherhood, yoga and horses.
- Yoga Paws: Yoga Paws is about using yoga in order to promote general wellbeing and spirituality. It has some of the best yoga photography and offers in-depth articles.
- Elsie’s Yoga Kula: This blog contains some of the best information and advice on alternative health, yoga and general wellbeing. There are excellent videos and a ton of different classed and podcasts.
- Ashtanga Vinyasa Krama Yoga at Home: This blog gets an award not only because its title is so hard to say (you have to yoga for your mouth just to pronounce it correctly) but also because of the in-depth articles that it offers on Ashtanga yoga. One of the best spiritual blogs.
- Ashtanga Yoga Mother Earth: This blog is packed full of wisdom and is truly inspirational. It covers topics ranging from organic diet s to ashtanga yoga. A very broad and informative spiritual blog.
- Christina Sell Yoga: On this blog Christina Sell talks about the yoga lifestyle and both the pros and cons of teaching yoga. One of the best spiritual blogs.
- AbelaYoga.com: This blog is about the spiritual aspects of yoga and about the yogic life. It discusses oga in a deep and meaningful way.
- Five Points Yoga: Barrett is a yoga trainer with over 500 hours of experience. On his blog he discusses breathing, meditation, music and, of course, yoga .
- Compass Yoga: This blog is all about the various health benefits of yoga, which it goes into great details to discuss.
- Lululemonn Athetica: Detail really is the name of the game on Lululemon’s blog. The best part of this blog is the “Ask a Yoga” feature that allows you to ask any questions you like.
- PowerYogaOttawa: This is full of easy to follow guides on specific yoga moves and is excellent for newcomers. There are also interesting articles for yoga teachers and lessons for those who want to learn yoga at home. One of the best spiritual blogs.
- TrueYoga: This is one of the more philosophical yoga blogs and is all about the spiritual aspects of yoga. A great spiritual blog for yoga enthusiasts.
- RiverFlow Yoga; RiverFlow Yoga is all about hot yoga. Don’t worry, thought, the blog does an excellent job of making Hot Yoga more comfortable (perhaps LukeWarm Yoga would be a better description).
- Chelsea Loves Yoga: This yoga blog focusses on building a communicating and connecting individuals through the practice of yoga. It also contains an excellent section on yoga for children and teens.
- Yoga Journal: This yoga blog contains an excellent guide to yoga for beginners, which has helped me to use yoga myself and which I strongly recommend for all newcomers. There’s also great articles on integrating yoga into your life style. An excellent read.
- The Yogini from Manila: Jane is the Yogini from Manila. On this blog Jane shares her wealth of knowledge about yoga instructor in Manila.
- Ishta Yoga: This yoga blog also contains excerpts from yoga classes. There’s details guides to yoga poses and an interesting section on “Office Yoga” too.
- Eyogaforbeginners.com: This is a fantastic blog for newcomers and makes learning yoga simple and fun. The blog’s step-by-step instructions are easy to follow, even for beginners.
- YogijBrown: This is the blog of yoga instructor J Brown. In it he shares his own insights into teaching yoga, as well as discussing the spiritual aspects of yoga.
- Nadine’s Yoga: Nadine likes to set all manner of yoga challenge and her blog is a guide to meeting Buddhist and yoga challenge in your life. There are also great articles on meditation.
- Yoga Gypsy: This is one of the most interesting yoga blogs I have come across and is very informtative. There are tons of tips on various Yoga moves and all is written and edited excellently. One of the best spiritual blogs.
- Spoiled Yogi: Spoiled Yogi is a new mother who describes herself as being a spoiled brat. The best part of her blog is her interviews, which are very informative and give a good sense of the yoga community
- Write on Yoga: Write on Yoga surprisingly writes on yoga. In her writings she gives all manner of insight into yoga for mothers. She also helps yoga instructors on organising classes.
- Ashtanga Yoga Gainesville: This is the blog of yoga practitioner and teacher Christine. It’s packed full of informative and entertaining articles on the yoga lifestyle. One of the best spiritual blogs.
- Curvy Yoga: Curvy Yoga is about yoga for people with curves and is written by Anna, who discusses the ways yoga can be used to create a healthy and positive lifestyle.
- Bernadette Birney: Yoga teacher Bernadette Birney has devoted her life to educating people about yoga. Her blog is full of informative and entertaining articles on the yoga lifestyle.
- Yoga Yak: This blog offers videos on absolutely everything to do with yoga, from breathing to moves to meditation and beyond. One of the best spiritual blogs.
- Yoga Download: The excellent tips on this blog will truly help you to use yoga for self development. It’s full of excellent articles on how to use yoga for stress and for relationships
- Five Minute Yoga: ON this blog, certified yoga teacher Iyengar speaks about psychology, yoga moves and aging. Excellent spiritual blog.
- CorPower Yoga: This blog is all about using yoga to create a flourishing lifestyle. It’s perfect for beginners and is full of inspirational quotes too.
- Gaiam Inc: This is a very praxctical yoga blog that shows how yoga can be used in various situations, like at the office or at school.
- Alignment Yoga: This is the blog of Scott Anderson who writes about his yoga lifestyle in a very entertaining and informative way. There’s also audio and video, making this one of the most multimedia-rich yoga blogs in the world.
- Whole Life Blog: This is full of excellent commentary and advice on ways to use yoga for specific health issues, like stress, depression and anxiety.
- Aura Wellness Center: Another blog that talks about how to use yoga for specific reasons. There’s articles on using blog for running and articles on using yoga for health concerns like stress and insomnia.
- Yoga for Healthy Aging: This is an amazing yoga blog that talks about how to use yoga to eliminate stress and other health complications associated with aging. It’s written by medical professionals, meaning you know the advice is 100% accurate.
- Yoga Tune Up: This is a complete mind and body fitness program that shows how yoga can be used in conjunction with other practices to create a healthy and balanced lifestyle.
- Yoga Wiz: This is an extremely professional site that is written and edited with precision. It discusses many techniques in yoga and also how to use yoga for health.
- LexiYoga: An amazing blog full of advice on how to use yoga for all different manner of health and lifestyle concerns.
- AnmolMehta:This is a blog all about Kundalini Yoga, meditation and Zen. My favourite part of this blog is the section about using yoga for kids. It’s an excellent blog for families and for those looking to boost their health and wellbeing. One of the best spiritual blogs.
- Eco Yogini: This ecoholic yogini and feminist writes inspiring article on yoga and life.
- The Joy of Yoga: Poetry and Yoga are the key subjects of this blog, which is only three years old yet already is packed to the roof with entertaining, insightful and educational articles on yoga.
- Young Yoga Masters; This is one of the best yoga sites for children and is packed full of highly informative and helpful article on how to get kids into yoga.
- Karma Spot: This is an excellent blog about how to use yoga to succeed in various challenges in life. This is one of the most inspiring and enlightening yoga blogs out there.
- Yoga Minded: This blog offers literally tons of articles on using yoga for all manner of situations, from hiking to yoga for teenagers. It also covers books.
- SynergybyJasmine: Jasmine writes on health, yoga and a non-judgmental attitude. Her articles are truly inspiring and the manner in which she writes is new, fresh and exciting, A masterful blog. One of the best spiritual blogs.
- Radiant Child Yoga: This blog talks about the importance of spiritual awakening for children. Another must-read blog for young families.
- Yoga Spy: This is one of the more serious yoga blogs though it does also contain a healthy amount of humor. In the blog you’ll find articles on yoga moves, guides designed to help teachers and a whole lot more.
- Yoga in the Dragon’s Den: The key subjects of this blog are philosophy and Ashtanga yoga. The articles here are some of the most unique and informative that you’ll find on yoga.
- YogiCrystal: This blog began life back in 2008 and is all about one woman’s journey of spiritual development through yoga. Entertaining and inspirational.
- Is Yoga Legal? This site probably has the most interesting title of any yoga site in the world. It discusses the relationship between yoga and the law and in doing so offers amazing insight into the gulf of difference between the yoga mentality and lifestyle and the legal system. One of the best spiritual blogs.
- YoaImmunity: The best part of this site is the high quality photography that shows how to perform various yoga techniques.
- Yoga Untwisted: This is the blog of yogi Carissa who has been practicing yoga for 11 years . In the blog she discusses how yoga is beneficial to lifestyle.
- Yogapossible: Adam Hocke has been a yoga practitioner for ten years. In his blog he discusses how yoga has helped him in life and how yoga can be used to significantly improve health and wellbeing. One of the best spiritual blogs.
- Yogalina: This is the blog of yoga teacher Meg Everingham, who also teaches Pilates, Balleticise and barre work. You’ll also find information on holistic nutrition and a wealth of knowledge and information on empowerment through yoga.
- YogaG33k: This is the blog of Courtney Pearce who helps people on their journey in yoga. One of the more lighthearted and entertaining yoga blogs, this is packed full of personality. This is a cool alternative spiritual blog. One of the best spiritual blogs.
- YogaDork: You wont find stories about yoga any more unique or interesting as those on YogaDork.
- Vogue Yogini: This is a wonderful site packed full ofpersonality from a self-proclaimed material girl. Social life, shoes and yoga are the subjects of the day here.
- Daily Downward Yoga: This blog discusses the authors journey in meditation and yoga and is specifically written for people over 40.
- Ups and Downs of a Yoga Mom: This blog on ChicagoNow talks about both the ups and down of being a yoga mom. The author’s goal is to make parenting less isolated. She succeeds in this by sharing her own story.
- The Vegansama: This blog is all about one woman’s story inyoga and veganism. Inspirational and enlightening, a must read.
- One With Life: This blog is written by Stephanie Spence and talks about her journey as a traveling yogini. This inspirational blog shares the author’s love and passion for yoga.
- Movement: This is the blog of Georgie Abel. In it, Georgie discusses many different subjects, ranging from beauty to rock climbing to yoga. One of the best spiritual blogs.
- Kat Saks Yoga: This is the blog of certified yoga instructor Kat, who aims to help her students and readers find and express their inner selves. You’ll find articles on every aspect of yoga, all of which are both entertaining and enlightening.
- Flowtation Devices:This is the blog of Jennifer, whose goal is to share her knowledge of yoga and dance while inspiring people (and herself) to live in flow with the world.
- Elephant Journal: This is one of the world’s most popular yoga blogs.
- Connect to the Sky: The blog of yoga enthusiast Bram Levinson, who writes about the transformational nature of yoga.
- Connect to the Sky – Connect to the Sky is written by Bram Levinson, an enthusiastic yogi since 1999. His blog is his way of sharing with the world and communicating the shift that yoga provides.
- Alive in the Fire: This blog is an inspiration for all of those looking to get in touch with their true selves and to find self love and inner peace.
- Yoga Healer: Cate Stillman’s blog is packed full of practical advice for health and spiritual awakening. Contains some of the most informative articles on yoga.
- YogiTimes: Yogi Times inspires mindful, healthy and conscious living and has a rich community where people can share their own experience and knowledge.
- Yoga Trail: Created to help readers discover the type of yoga which is best for them, Yoga Trail is the most comprehensive director out there. It also contains reviews on retreats, teachers and more.
- Yoganonymous: Full of very detailed articles and guides on using yoga for a positive and balanced life. One of the best spiritual blogs.
- Ashley Josephine Yoga: This is one of the most modern yoga blogs in the world and is all about finding balance and harmony. Contains excellent yoga videos that teach about the mind, body and soul.
- Reflections Yoga Studio: This yoga studio is based in New York and offers xcellent help on how to live a conscious and positive life. Also offers teacher training for yoga.
- Body Divine Yoga: This blog is written by a therapist and yoga instructor and offers philosophical insight into everday life.
- Yoga Earth: The aim of this site is to share the very best yoga and nutrition advice. It’s full of excellent guest bloggers and insightful interviews.
- Do Yoga With Me!: This wonderful site aims to improve the yoga community by bringing people together through yoga. There are classes, videos and guides and everything is 100% free.
- Green Yoga:The Green Yoga Association is based in northern California and sets out to inspire eco-compassionate living.
- Kathryn Budig:This yoga teacher trained in LA and now shares her knowledge of yoga and food on her blog as well. She’s also a Women’s Health Magazine yoga expert and co-founder of “Poses for Paws,” an animal charity.
- Marianne Elliot; A storyteller, author and human right advocate, Marianne Elliot is one of the most profound teachers out there, having worked with the UN in Afghanistan. Her articles are utterly amazing and talk about yoga, mind and body.
- MindBodyGreen: MindBodyGreen has become the number one destination for health articles online. Look closely and you’ll find some amazing Yoga resources tucked away in there too.
- Tiffany Yoga: This international yoga teacher and health and wellness expert wants to inspire people to make the most of their life. Her passion is inspirational.
- Yoga Lunchbox: This is the best yoga magazine in New Zealand and is published by Kara-Leah Grant. She teaches about the transformational power of yoga.
- PowHow: A leading resource in webcan classes, PowHow teaches music, dance, arts and yoga.
- Sadie Nardini: This yoga expert is the host of daily yoga and lifestyle hour on Veria TV. An author and yoga teacher, the professionalism and sheer breadth of knowledge that Sadie brings to her work is quite staggering.
These are our choices of the top yoga blogs in the world. But maybe we missed. one. What’s your choice of the top yoga blog. Let us know in a comment.
Best Tai Chi Blogs
A lot of readers have been asking me about Tai Chi recently. Not being a tai chi specialist, I’ve scoured the internet looking for the world’s finest tai chi blogs. Our readers who are interested in tai chi will love them. So, without further ado, here are the world’s best tai chi blogs (in no particular order).
Flowing Zen :
Flowing Zen isn’t a specialist tai chi blog. They do, however, write frequent articles on all different aspects of tai chi. One of the best spiritual blogs.
Their latest article is Real Experiences of Internal Strength.
Here’s an excerpt:
“I’ve been cultivating internal strength for nearly 2 decades. My own experiences give us plenty to talk about without needing to delve into the realm of hearsay.
As we move into the 21st century, I think it would be wise for us to stick to things that we have seen or experience personally. This doesn’t mean that you should only believe in things you’ve seen or felt. For example, I personally believe that some feats are possible even though I haven’t witnessed them (yet!).
This is the delicate balance of being a healthy skeptic. Investigate things, but remain open minded.
So let’s get started. Here are some of the things that I’ve personally experienced.
Experience #1: Vibrating Arms and Fingers
When I practice a Kung Fu form (especially Tai Chi forms), my arms and fingers start to vibrate. The same thing happens when I practice martial qigong exercises like One Finger Zen.
I’ll be the first to admit that the phenomenon is a bit odd. It looks as if I’m tensing my arms so hard that they are shaking.
But I’m not tensing. The vibration definitely doesn’t come from isometrics. My arms remain soft when this happens.”
Check out the blog here: Flowing Zen.
I think I’m right in saying that this is the best tai chi blog for actual tutorials. With a range of articles and videos you can learn virtually everything you ever wanted to know about tai chi. For more see: Energy Arts. One of the best spiritual blogs.
Here’s there video “5 Keys to Taoist Energy Arts Introduction”
Tai Chi Notebook
Tai Chi Notebook is one of the only Tai Chi blogs on this list that delves into martial arts. Tai Chi Notebook is a very modern tai chi blog with excellent design and very well written articles. It definitely deserves it’s place in this list of the best spiritual blogs.
Excerpt From “Strikes – Soul Meets Body by Vladimir Vasiliev and Scott Meredith, a review.”
“First of all I feel the need to address the elephant in the room. This book (curiously?) doesn’t have the word “Systema” in its title or anywhere on the cover, except on the jumper Vladimir is wearing, but make no mistake, it is a book about the Russian martial art called systema. Systema often gets a bum rap from other martial artists, not by the practitioners, or the people who have tried a class, it should be noted, but more often by people who see the numerous videos of the art being trained on YouTube and cry foul. The videos often contain people moving in slow motion while falling head over heels backwards at the merest hint of a punch from a seemingly out of shape martial arts instructor. The BJJ community in particular is scathing of the systema groundwork videos out there.
To be fair, it’s not unreasonable to question a lot of these systema videos, but I feel the criticism is often born out of ignorance about what is actually happening. There are certainly some videos that seem like nonsense to me, but that’s often because systema uses unusual drills as a chief training method, often without explaining what the rules of the drill are before posting a video of it. Add to that the fact that there is an awful lot of nonsense in martial arts in general, from ‘no touch’ chi masters from China and Japan, to overweight, out of shape Western guys who think they’re ninjas, and you can see why it’s hard for systema to catch a break. But if you think about it, any martial art has parts that make zero sense to people outside of the art. For example, just look at a video of two high level black belts in BJJ scooting about on their butts and leg scissoring each other for 10 minutes in a competition to become ‘world champion’ and tell me that’s not as ridiculous as the wackiest of systema videos.”
Tai Chi Central:
What I love about Tai Chi Central is the personal feeling to all of the articles.
This website makes you feel like you know the author, and that’s a wonderful thing for a website to achieve. There are tons of well written articles by tai chi masters. A must read for anyone who likes spiritual blogs.
Excerpt from “Harmonious Combative Ecosystems”
“Each of us is a complex ecosystem consisting of countless physical, mental, and emotional components. While the solo form teaches us to recognize the integral nature of these seemingly disparate parts, practice with a partner expands our awareness so we can learn to integrate with the opponent’s ecosystem. Each part of one person becomes integral to the stability of each part of the other person. This is why it is said, “There is no enemy. I am one with the universe. Anyone who would attack me should be defeated by the nature of his or her own attack.”
Tai chi offers many stages of training between the literal technical application of the form and actual self defence. One of those stages is a type of “free-hands” incorporating the sticking and following of pushing hands (tuishou) and the various throws, joint controls, pressure point manipulation, striking and kicking. This practise aims to maintain and enhance the relaxation, flow, and control developed in the solo routine.”
Which is your favorite spiritual blog?
These are all my favorite spiritual blogs on meditation, mindfulness, yoga and tai chi.
Which is your favorite?
Have I missed any good spiritual blogs?
Leave a comment.