In this guide I will reveal how to remove negative energy from your body, mind, and home, so you can enjoy positive energy all day long.
There are many different kinds of negative energy. Some people carry negativity in the body and mind, and they pass it on when you come into contact with them. And it is possible to have a build-up of negative energy in the home too. One single negative object can distribute negative energy throughout the home that affects you and your family every day.
What we need is some spiritual protection techniques that we can use to remove negative energy from the body, mind and home. This will help to remove evil forces and turn bad karma to good.
Spiritual energy is called prana or chi [READ: Chi Meditation Techniques].
Chi can be both positive and negative.
Some of the common sources of negative chi include:
- Our past actions that create bad karma
- Lack of faith
- Evil eye
- Bad forces in the home or at work
- Negative relationships
- Anger, hate, and other negative emotions
- Psychic attacks by enemies
There are many ways to remove negative energy. They include meditation, mantras, mudras (hand gestures), and meditation crystals [READ: Meditation Crystals For Beginners]
How To Remove Negative Energy from Your Body, Mind, And Home – 8 Ways
Mantras are spiritual words or phrases that are chanted to create positive spiritual or psychological effects. I previously shared my favourite mantras for protection.
Those mantras (in the link above) are potent ways of removing negative energy from your mind. If you come into contact with a negative person, or you want to clear your home of negative energy, start reciting the mantras in the link above.
The best mantra is Om (pronounced AUM)
Here’s how to do it:
- Find a quiet, peaceful area
- Sit with good posture
- Take ten relaxing breaths
- Start to chant “Aum.”
- Feel the sound of the mantra reverberating in your body
- Meditate on both the sound and the feeling of the mantra
- Continue for 108 recitations
Although Om is the best mantra to remove negative energy from the mind, there are other options too.
When you need to remove negative energy, mantras are one of the best solutions.
Mantras control chi by creating specific thoughts and specific resonances in the body. The best way to use a mantra to create chi is to translate your feelings into words. For instance, you might say, “I’m trapped in worrying thoughts” or “My creative energy is blocked.” Putting the issue into words like this helps clarify precisely what’s going on in your mind.
Once you’ve stated the issue in words, put it into the third person. For instance, “I’m trapped in worrying thoughts” becomes “The worried one” and “My energy is blocked” becomes “The creatively tapped one.” So, be honest, say what you’re feeling, then translate it into the third person.
Next, express thanks for the state of mind you’ve been experiencing. For instance, “I am thankful to have been The Creatively Trapped One.” Think of all the ways that this state of mind has helped you. Being creatively trapped may have helped you to realise that you want to be creatively free. Being worried might have helped you to recognise the potential pitfalls you hope to avoid. List the ways your previous state of mind has helped you.
Finally, it’s time to move past your current state of mind. Say out loud “I am releasing The Creatively Trapped One / The Worried One and entering a new state of being.’ Then say that you are moving forwards. For example, “I am creatively liberated”. Put all this together, and you will have your little affirmation to create chi.
“I am releasing The Creatively Trapped One and becoming The Creatively Liberated“.
Examples of mantras for positive energy:
- “Energy is central to the universe. I am made of energy. Energy fills me every moment.”
- “I welcome and accept the chi of the universe.”
- “I am creating and sustaining new life-force every day.”
- “Today, I am full of joy, positivity and energy.”
2. White Light Protection to remove negative energy from body and mind
White Light Protection Technique is a visualisation that we use to remove negative energy from the body and mind. It creates a psychic protection barrier that negative energy cannot enter.
- Take ten deep breaths to relax
- Visualise an egg-shaped white light that wraps around your whole body
- Visualise the white light reflecting all negativity away from you
- Carry this protective white light with you all-day
- You can also visualise white light protecting your loved ones, your pets, and your home.
3. Smudging to clear negative energy from your home
Smudging is a way to purify space. It is traditionally used before a ritual, such as a sacred ceremony or meditation.
When smudging, we burn herbs and resins to cleanse a home or other special space. It is essential to use the correct herb for the corresponding purpose. The best smudging herbs for protection are:
- Pinon Pine resin
- You might like to try these herbs too
4. Sea Salt – The Ultimate Purifier
Sea salt is one of the world’s best natural purifiers. You can use this to remove negative energy from your body or home.
The ocean is one of the most beautiful things on Earth. It is the source of great insight and power (especially for Pisces like me). There are many ways healing techniques that use sea salt. We have historically used it to clean wounds, and it can be used for spiritual protection, too. For instance, there is the spiritual practice of burying objects in sea salt to clear away negative energy.
And who doesn’t like a good sea salt bath?
Sea salt is readily available at most health food stores. Pick a high-quality unrefined sea salt, hold it in both hands, and meditate on it.
5. Meditating with Crystals and Gemstones
This is a great way how to remove negative energy from your mind.
There are many ways to use crystals and gemstones for protection. For instance, you might like to wear a mala (prayer beads) made from obsidian. Obsidian is an excellent stone for protection. You can also use meditation crystals to remove negative energy. The best way to do this is to choose a positive crystal and meditate on it.
6. Contact your guardian angel
One of the best sources of spiritual protection is your guardian angel.
Your guardian angel is assigned to you as a guide and protector to help you through hard times in life. Your guardian angel will work with you for spiritual development. But it takes a little effort to contact your guardian angel.
Here is a meditation to contact your guardian angel.
- Sit quietly somewhere peaceful
- Take ten deep breaths to relax
- Listen to the world around you
- Ask your guardian angel to step forward. Invite them into your room
- You may see them, or you may feel them. Either way, meditate on the positive energy that they bring to you.
- Express gratitude to your guardian angel for being there in your life.
7. Spiritual objects
Throughout the ages, humans have used spiritual objects for protection and to eliminate negative energy. From the Holy Cross to statues of gargoyles, there are many different objects used for spiritual protection.
Choose from the following objects and incorporate them into your home.
- Crystals and gemstones
- Gargoyle statues
- Medicine Buddha statues
- Statues of Durga (Hindu goddess of protection and destroyer of evil.)
8. Abhaya Mudra
Mudras are hand gestures that create spiritual or psychological effects in the practitioner.
The Abhaya mudra is a mudra used to repel fear and to protect us from negative forces. It is quite easy to do. Just hold one hand out at shoulder height with the palm facing outwards. It is usual for the opposite hand to be positioned in the gift-giving mudra (varada), which has the hand palm-up in front of the abdomen.
These are the most powerful ways how to remove negative energy from your body, mind, and home.