There are so many benefits of the Vajroli mudra.
Want more sexual energy?
Interested in enjoying better sex?
Maybe you just want really healthy reproductive organs. Vajroli mudra will help with this.
As millions of readers have discovered by reading my beginner’s mudras list, there are so many benefits that you can get from the various hand positions and body positions used in yoga.
So what are the benefits of Vajroli mudra?
Let’s take a look.
Benefits of vajroli mudra
Like the Ashwini Mudra the Vajroli mudra can be used to help improve sexual health. It is used to stimulate the flow of energy to the genital organs.
Because of this, it helps in the following ways:
- Stops premature ejaculation
- Cures erectile dysfunction.
- Makes reproductive organs much stronger.
- Increases sexual longevity.
- Helps with urinary disorders.
- Helps with numerous other health complication.
- Helps to activate all chakras.
- Use these healing mudras to get even more advantages.
The above advantages occur at the early stage of practice.
The Vajroli mudra only becomes more powerful after years of practice. At this point, it actually becomes an important tool in reaching enlightenment.
How can you use it to achieve enlightenment?
Essentially, the yogic systems state that sexual energy is one of the primary energies. Vajroli mudra stimulates sexual energy, which influences all our energy. Through regular practice, sexual energy can be channelled upwards through the body. By transferring the energy upwards it flows into the brain and through the chakras, activating each chakra and leading towards enlightenment.
The advanced stages of the Vajroli mudra are called Amroli and Sajroli. These stages can be found in yogic texts, though most people will most likely not reach this stage of development.
The word itself can be translated from Sanskrit to mean “Thunderbolt.” And this perfectly describes what it does. It creates energy in the genitals. It will increase spiritual energy to the sexual organs.
It means: “Gesture to stimulate thunderbolt energy in the genitalia.”
Lightning pants, anyone…?
Make sure to read the steps carefully before practising and also consult a healthcare professional before beginning. If you experience pain while practising, please make sure to stop straight away.
- Sit comfortably in Sukhasana position  (sit with your legs crossed).
- Place your hands on your thighs.
- Close your eyes and relax.
- Focus your mind calmly on the muscles of your sphincter around the pubic bone.
- Imagine pulling energy up through your spine as you breathe in through your nose. Hold the breath at the Ajna chakra (between the eyebrows).
- Contract your muscles around your sexual organs (imagine preventing yourself from urinating).
- Contract the muscles ten times while you continue to hold your breath.
- Breathe out through your nose as you make the tenth contraction. Feel sexual energy rising in you as you do this.
- * Many readers have asked for advice on picking a mudra book to learn from. Take a look at my list of top mudra books.
It’s a bright idea to also train the mind. One way to do that is with some couples meditation techniques.
Leave a comment and remember to subscribe to our newsletter.