Here’s How To Use Meditation And Yoga For Younger Looking Skin And Hair
Did you know you can use meditation and yoga for younger looking skin and hair?
Obviously you’re beautiful. And you want to look beautiful and young always. You want beautiful skin that glows, smooth hair, nice nails, and a healthy physique with no (or at least less) wrinkles.
Well then here’s the good news:
Scientific research has proven that there are many ways to use meditation and yoga for younger looking face, skin and, well, everything else. There are meditation techniques to look young, and yoga poses to look young too, including the popular Face Yoga exercises (see below). Or if that’s not your cup of Earl Grey you can use mantras and mudras to look young too.
We enlightened people are not like everyone else.
We realise that beauty isn’t about moisturising creams and it certainly is not about plastic surgery. We don’t even need to visit luxury spas.
Famous models are using meditation for beauty and youth. And you can too.
By being kind to our skin and compassionate to our minds and bodies, we can keep our youthful looks for years.
For instance, consider meditation. There are many techniques in meditation for younger looking skin and hair. You can even use meditation to reduce wrinkles and clean your skin out. And science proves it works.
- What science says about using meditation to look younger
- 1. You can use meditation for younger looking skin after acne, psoriasis and Rosacea
- 2. Use meditation for beautiful skin that’s clear
- 3. Meditation makes hair and skin look younger by slowing the aging process
- 4. Meditation makes you look younger physically by reducing arthritis
- Best Meditation To Look Young In The Skin, Face And Hair
- 5 Technique From Meditation And Yoga For Younger Looking Skin And Hair
- 1. Use Facial Yoga to look young in the face
- 2: Use Taoist meditations to look younger in your moves
- 3. Mantras to look young and beautiful
- 4. Mudras to look young and beautiful
- 5. Ayurveda to look young
- As well as using these meditation techniques to look young, reverse the aging process in your mind
- The Right Attitude To Look Young
What science says about using meditation to look younger
We have always known that meditation makes us look younger. Now, we have researched the reason why.
Yes, just by meditating we are more attractive and more youthful than the average person.
Meditation makes you look younger in 4 key ways.
1. You can use meditation for younger looking skin after acne, psoriasis and Rosacea
When you use meditation techniques to look young, you will clear up most skin issues.
Stress is the leading cause of psoriasis, Rosacea and acne. And extensive scientific research shows that meditation stops stress.
So it’s no wonder meditation is excellent for the skin.
Researchers at the University of Sheffield  investigated the effects of relaxation technique like cognitive behavioural therapy and meditation on people suffering from psoriasis, eczema, acne, and the pigment disorder vitiligo.
The researchers studied 900 participants across 22 peer reports. On completing the study, spokesperson Bevis Man said, “distress, trauma and stressful periods of a person’s life trigger psoriasis and eczema, as well as subsequent flare-ups…” Bevis states that cognitive treatments such as mindfulness and meditation reduce acne, psoriasis and eczema because they reduce stress.
2. Use meditation for beautiful skin that’s clear
One of the most important ways meditation makes you look young is that is helps the skin to clean itself out.
When we are stressed the outer layer of the skin become inflamed and this makes it harder to flush out microorganisms and bacteria.
In 2001 the Archives of Dermatology published a study that stated that stress inhibits the skin’s ability to repair itself.
Researchers wanted to test whether meditation would reduce stress and, in turn, help the skin to repair itself.
37 patients with psoriasis were given mindfulness-based stress reduction therapy and their levels of psoriasis were tested before and after. The results show that one brief guided therapy sessions increases the resolution of psoriatic lesions in patients with psoriasis. 
So, one of the best meditation techniques to look young is MBSR (mindfulness-based stress reduction)
3. Meditation makes hair and skin look younger by slowing the aging process
Does meditation make you look young? Or, does it actually make you biologically younger? Well, actually, kinda both.
To actually look younger we need to slow the aging process. When you slow the aging process, the first place it shows is in the skin. Your skin glows more, is smoother, and your wrinkles reduce.
But how do you slow the aging process. There are several ways (see below). And one way is meditation.
Research conducted in 2009 showed that meditation increases the length of telomeres—physical markers of again that are the main sign of longevity. A study in 2016 showed that Zen masters have longer telomeres than non-meditators. 
4. Meditation makes you look younger physically by reducing arthritis
Looking young isn’t just about looks it is also about the way we move.
Arthritis, for instance, is a common tell-tale sign of age. Arthritis makes it hard to move. Hence why many older people struggle to move their fingers and usually walk slowly. But meditation can help.
In 2010 Dr. Rosenzweig studied the affect of Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) on arthritis and other chronic pain conditions such as back pain. The research highlighted a significant reduction in pain for people with arthritis (tai chi helps too). 
– Here’s more info on using meditation to get relief from pain.
Best Meditation To Look Young In The Skin, Face And Hair
Use this meditation to look younger in the skin and face in just 10 minutes.
- OPTIONAL: To start with, take out your camera (or just look in a mirror) Take a selfie of how you look right now (or just remember). This is important because in ten minutes you’re going to have a before and after picture. And those pictures will show you how powerful this exercise is.
- So you’ve taken your selfie that will be your “before” pic.
- Put the phone down.
- Close your eyes (or, if you’re at work or somewhere you cannot close your eyes, just look straight forward focusing on nothing)
- Breathe in ten times. Relax
- Follow your breath with your mind. (Focus on your breathing)
- Breathe in.
- Focus on the energy of your breath moving between your lips. Ask your lips to relax. While you do this, very gently massage your lips.
- Now follow your breath from your mouth up to your nose. Feel your breath around your nose. Ask your nose to relax. Massage your nose.
- Feel your breath moving up to your eyes. Gently massage your eyes.
- Now feel your breath moving throughout your entire face and very gently massage your face.
- Continue this into your neck and then around your body.
- To clarify the process. You are breathing. Your mind is following your breath. And you are massaging your body.
- Continue until you have taken 108 breaths.
- Open your eyes.
- Take a second selfie.
- Compare the selfie to the previous one. Do you see how you are looking fresher, more relaxed, healthier, and younger?
5 Technique From Meditation And Yoga For Younger Looking Skin And Hair
Above we looked at a specific meditation technique for youthful looks. There are more natural techniques to look young too, including yoga, Tai Chi and ayurveda.
Here are the top 5 natural techniques to look young
1. Use Facial Yoga to look young in the face
Want younger looking skin is just a few minutes? Try facial yoga.
Yoga is one of the very best technique to look younger.
Not only does yoga calm your mind as you focus on your breathing, it also helps your skin and develops a healthy, toned and athletic body. While there are many different type of techniques, the best type of yoga for youthful looks is face yoga.
Facial yoga is a form of yoga created by yoga teacher Annelise Hagen. Facial yoga uses stretching and breathing exercises to firm skin around the face.
Hagen states that facial yoga works because:
- Exercising facial muscles improves muscles tone
- Stimulating muscles and nerves improves blood flow, which makes skin glow and reduces wrinkles
The official book on Facial Yoga is:
This book shows you how to use yoga to look younger in the face
Adopting the Bhakti yoga lifestyle (living natural) will help you look young too. Read my interview with Devamrita Swami for more on this.
2: Use Taoist meditations to look younger in your moves
So you don’t have the moves like Jagger. No sweat. Use tai chi. Problem solved.
Taoist techniques like Tai Chi are all about controlling the flow of Chi (prana / the lifeforce).
When chi flow is healthy, the skin glows and we feel (and look) youthful, radiant and beautiful.
One of the best Taoist techniques for youthful looks is Tai Chi (READ: Tai Chi Tutorial).
In Tai Chi we focus the mind on the body as we slowly and gracefully move through different poses.
Tai Chi develops a gracefulness and ease to our movements, making us look more elegant, more energised and younger.
- Reduces blood pressure
- Reduces stress
- Improves balance and coordination
- Helps us to move more smoothly (and more easily)
- Reduces the symptoms of arthritis
3. Mantras to look young and beautiful
Mantras are words or phrases used in Buddhism, Hinduism and Yoga.
Mantras are chanted sounds that we meditate on (some people think of these as beauty spells but they are far more scientific).
We can think of these as sound meditations.
To look young, try the Surya mantra, a powerful and ancient mantra that is used to create beautiful hair and smooth skin.
You can learn about this in my Surya Mantra tutorial.
4. Mudras to look young and beautiful
Mudras are specific hand or body positions that are used in yoga, Hinduism and Buddhism.
There are mudras for a multitude of health concerns—both psychological and physical.
For instance, there are mudras for weight loss, mudras for beautiful skin, and even mudras to reduce wrinkles.
The best way to learn this is with a good mudra book.
5. Ayurveda to look young
Ayurveda is a complex heath system that originated in India and has recently become popular in the West.
There are very many Ayurvedic practices to look young, including enemas, steam baths, and oil pulling (which is used for dental hygiene).
Read my guide to Ayurveda for in-depth info on this.
As well as using these meditation techniques to look young, reverse the aging process in your mind
To truly look young, we need to reverse the aging process. On way is to use meditation techniques like the one above. There are also cognitive and psychological ways of feeling and looking more youthful.
A new study by researchers at the University of Toronto has proven that when you feel negatively about aging you age faster, and when you feel positively about aging you stay young for longer.
Alison Chasteen [professor of the University of Toronto’s Department of Psychology] says, “People’s feelings about getting older influence their sensory and cognitive functions. Those feelings are often rooted in stereotypes about getting older and comments made by those around them that their hearing and memory are failing.”
This is perhaps not surprising because science has proven that positivity makes us healthier.
Attitude And Aging
The research  shows that our attitude towards aging directly affects our aging rate.
To prove this, researchers examined three variables
- self-perceptions of one’s abilities to hear and remember
- views on aging
- actual performance of both memory and hearing.
301 adults between 56 and 96 completed series of hearing tests and recall tests and ask a series of questions relating to their views on aging and about how they fet about their own hearing and memory abilities, including questions like “Are you good at hearing names?” and “Can you easily converse over the phone?” They were also asked to imagine a series of scenarios—such as being blamed for a car accident because of their age—and were asked how much each question concerned them. These questions measured how positively or negatively individuals felt about their age.
The results show a direct correlation between attitude, hearing and memory functions.
“Those who held negative views about getting older and believed they had challenges with their abilities to hear and remember things, also did poorly on the hearing and memory tests,” said Chasteen…. There is a strong correlation between the two when a negative view impacts an individual’s confidence in the ability to function.”
Chasteen stated that when measuring an elderly person’s cognitive functions it is imperative to consider how they feel about their age, because their attitude will have a direct affect on their performance. “Changing how older adults feel about themselves could improve their abilities to hear and remember.”
The Right Attitude To Look Young
Researchers at Stony Brook University, Princeton University, and University College London, discovered an amazing link between a person’s value of their life and the amount of time they will actually live.
The research shows that people who believe their lives are worth living are 30% less likely to die. People who value their lives the highest are likely to live two years longer than the average person.
Value your life and you’ll live longer.
Researchers state that people with a positive attitude have lower cortisol output (cortisol affects the immune system, brain functioning, and metabolism) and that this leads to more youthful minds and bodies.
Be a positive person and you will look and feel younger.
And that’s how to do meditation to look young.
Leave a comment.